20' Tow Strap on sale

Superduty

Adventurer
Since we don't have a deals section .....

Husky 20 ft. Vehicle Recovery Strap on sale for $8.97

SKU# 206967364

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Superduty

Adventurer
It's a 2" and has 7k working load, which means the breaking strength is probably like 3x that.

Probably good for smaller vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Redline61

Observer
Thanks for the post. Great strap for UTV's, light duty use, and perfect for those times you have to flat tow a car. If this strap gets run over or if it gets drug under a tire it really doesn't matter. Totally worth picking up even if it is on the lighter side.

Superduty

Adventurer
@FrenchieXJ - no rain on this parade. Your education and links were great. I still think the deal is good for what the product is. It is not an ARB recovery strap or a Bubba Ropes or even a (not so great) Smittybilt tow strap. It is definitely a light duty strap. Maybe I should have put some additional education and resources in the initial post for folks who aren't so experienced. I assume people will do their own research before purchasing - the thread comments are great for people to do their research. Maybe a disclaimer - that the posting of a deal is not an endorsement of the product (ha ha).

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
I have a couple the Harbor Freight equivalent of this strap with metal hooks on the ends in several of my vehicles.

Use em ALL THE TIME for all sorts of uses. Handy as Hell to have around!

Recovery?

Sure!

When zero turn lawn mower gets stuck in the mud down by the river these work every time!

I pull vehicles around the property to the shop and other light weight types of use with these straps.

Put a couple of em together and you might have a chance of some sort of "recovery" of a heavier vehicle however I have always gone the chain route for that type of work.

Alloy

I have a couple the Harbor Freight equivalent of this strap with metal hooks on the ends in several of my vehicles.

Use em ALL THE TIME for all sorts of uses. Handy as Hell to have around!

Recovery?

Sure!

When zero turn lawn mower gets stuck in the mud down by the river these work every time!

I pull vehicles around the property to the shop and other light weight types of use with these straps.

Put a couple of em together and you might have a chance of some sort of "recovery" of a heavier vehicle however I have always gone the chain route for that type of work.

Of all the lifting a pulling I've done hooks have caused the most issues.

ricoisme26

Help, noob in need here. I went out and bought one of these, also bought two shackles to use for attachement points as I needed some for hauling tie down attachments anyway.

I bought this understanding it wasn't a kinetic style recovory tool. I am a novice by all means and would not consider using a kinetic rope/strap without assistance from someone familiar with them/training prior to using one myself. I have chains I use to tie down equipment but wanted a strap for "recovery" as I felt a strap would be safer in the event of breakage. My chains are also only rated 5400lb working load and this strap at 7k. But now I'm second guessing what I just purchased. If I intend to use this for recovery I'd be hooking up, slowly pulling the strap tight, and then begining to "recover" the stuck vehilce. I see my most likely scenario being some one stuck in the snow. I have a stock F150 so I'm not "hitting the trails". I did some searching for "proper use of tow strap" and all I return (from sources that appear credible) is info on the kinetic style snatch strap and recovery ropes. Am I wrong thinking that this strap could should be used for this style recovery? say my roughly 6000lb truck to pull another 6000lb truck back on the road? Would something similar to a whinch damper be needed in this use?

Just trying to learn here, if in the end I spent $9 on a tow strap I use around the yard for tractors its not big deal just don't want to get anyone hurt or do more damage than neccisary when trying to help someone.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

ricoisme26

Da Frenchman

Thank you very much for the write up! I think I had the right idea with what I was buying when I bought this strap now. I definetly learned a good bit from this and its evident its only the tip of the iceberg. I look forward to seeing how this strap does in your upcoming training classes!

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
In Oz, most 4WDers carry a recovery strap and there tends to be a convention that if someone gets bogged, the strap used is the one carried by the bogged vehicle rather than the strap carried by the vehicle doing the recovery.
Couple of reasons for that. First is that this strap is the one that gets all dirty and needs to be packed up and cleaned later (sand in the webbing is not good for the strap life).
But another reason is that this strap will most suit the vehicle being recovered.
Recovery straps need have the stretch appropriate to the weight of the recovered vehicle. Using a 6T strap to recover a 3T vehicle is not so good.
So don't buy the strongest recovery strap. Buy one appropriate to the weight of your vehicle, and be prepared to replace it after multiple uses.
Used properly and safely, recovery straps are one of the most useful tools and a 3T vehicle can often/usually successfully recover a 6T vehicle.

Tip: I carry my recovery straps in reinforced vinyl bags with velcro closures. During use, they can be partially filled with sand and attached to the strap to act as a parachute.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior