20 lb Horizontal Propane Tank

DesertBoater

Adventurer
I'm looking to sell the 20 lb horizontally oriented propane tank that originally came with my FWC. It looks practically new, was manufactured in 2006 (has the OPD valve), and has little to no rust, cracked/peeling paint, or chips. These tanks retail for somewhere between $100-$200. It's yours for $50. Local pickup in Flagstaff only please.

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

Dimensions are 12" wide x 12.5" tall by 17.25" long. Mounting holes are evident on the feet, and that is the only spot where the powder coating is coming off.

Cheers,
West

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey West I am very interested in this to mount under my 1970 Suburban...
can you take a pic and some measurements?
How it mounts and can it be filled anywhere or only certain locations (like auto oriented shops)

DesertBoater

Adventurer
Original post has been edited with photos and dimensions.

How it mounts and can it be filled anywhere or only certain locations (like auto oriented shops)

Lance, so far as I know it can be filled at any propane filling station, however it must be removed from the vehicle and filled standing upright (with the valve on top).

Cheers,
West

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
bummer West but I think I will have to pass on the tank...
I have a smaller tank from a VW Van that I was hoping this was a larger version of but I don't think it will fit under my burb and the removal to fill part would be a pain.

Thanks for the pics as I am sure it will help someone.

ExpoMike

Man, I could really use that as a spare.

Any chance you could get it down to Phoenix by Friday? If things work out, I am supposed to be driving a dog out from SoCal to Phoenix, to get him across to Virgina. If all goes as planned, I should be in Phoenix midday time. If you can bring it down, I would likely have you drop it off at weezerbot's place, as it is looking like I might be droppin off the pup there.

No worries if you're not coming down that way.

DesertBoater

Adventurer
ExpoMike,
I'd really prefer to not head all the way down to the valley if I can at all avoid it, and I don't have any plans to head that way in the next few weeks.

DesertBoater

Adventurer
I'm going to be headed from Flagstaff, to Crested Butte in the next week. I'd be happy to bring the tank with me for anyone interested. I could pass through the Moab/SW Utah area, and/or Durango/San Juans, possibly across toward Buena Vista. If anyone is interested in this tank, I'd be happy to meet somewhere along that route. PM me, I need this tank gone!

DesertBoater

Adventurer
I would love to ship it, but as it's had propane in it previously (not a new, empty tank) I'm pretty sure USPS, UPS, or FedEx would put me on some sort of national threat list...

DesertBoater

Adventurer
Last call!! Heading to Moab tomorrow, Crested Butte on the 6th! I may also head as far north/east as Leadville on the 10th if that helps convince anyone in the Denver area.

Cheers,
West

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles