2 Door JK - RTT

aearles

Observer
I took the wife on her first camping trip last week, and she's now convinced that we need to get a roof rack, and RTT to accompany it. That worked out much better than I could have ever imagined!

So, I'm in the market for both, (for a 2 Door JK) and looking for suggestions. I'm pretty well set on the Gobi Stealth, I'm open to other recommendations here as well, but I'm okay with the price based on all of the good reviews and it's the most asthetically pleasing to me.

The Gobi nets me a 69" x 54" footprint to work with, so assuming that's the rack I go with, I'm looking for suggestions for a RTT to fit. Based on the small size of the roof of the 2 Door, my options seem relatively limited. I'm currently looking at the CVT Mt. Bachelor, but I have no experience with any of the brands or styles, so hopefully you guys have some advice! I'd prefer something small, just large enough to sleep 2, as I want something that is simple/quick to deploy and pack up, I like the style (but not the price) of the maggiolina hard shells, but the style doesn't fit well on the small rack. I'd also prefer if the tent does not hang over the edge of the rack while closed, and the lower the profile/weight, the better (lifted JK with big soft tires already wanders enough). There are very few examples of 2 doors with RTTs on here, or google images, so I don't have much to go off of, so far.

Any suggestions for tents that will fit, or any input on the quality/style/features of the CVT would be much appreciated.

By the way, I have no real budget in mind, I was expecting ~$3k for the Gobi/CVT combo and I'm good with that, so we'll go from there! Haha.

Thanks guys!

KellyM

Adventurer
Check out Rexjc's or Yuman Desert Rat's setups. Both are well thought out builds. I ran a Garvin Wilderness rack on my TJ, but eventually got a JKU for extended camping outings (kept the TJ for day trips). Good luck with build.

docscurlock

jeep.jpgI just put a Mt Shasta from CVT on my 2 door Rubicon and the wife and I made our first camping trip with it. I will post some pics later on. I have the gobi stealth rack also. First rate set up, I was really pleased.
20140524_174854.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles