1st Year a manual trans was offered in 4Dr Taco

toyota_jon

Adventurer
esh said:
Seems like you could put that money into your 4runner and make it a more comfortable ride? Fatigue is caused by more than suspension quality (noise or seat quality for example)... have you exhausted making the 4runner the best ride it can be?

Oh wait, nm.. what are you going to do with your 4runner? :costumed-smiley-007

that is my current project. i just got a set of 5100's. gonna save up for some deavers for the rear and alcans for the front. then i'm gonna use dynamat or the like to quiet things down. and find some good used seats. mine were ok for a while but the foam is really starting to break down. after this is done i'll see where i'm at. really hoping this helps.

and no sorry i will never sell my 4runner. IF i do wind up with another rig, my 4runner will be turned into a rockcrawler on 37's, with dual cases, etc...

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
I had an '04 Taco and now I have an '06 4runner. If comfort is an issue, I take a serious look at the difference in seats. The new generation might have a few too many push buttons........and be bigger, but the comfort/quietness is in a different league.

Oh yeah, I like the engine better too.

lionsbreath

Adventurer
Not offered But I prefer an auto off road any day of the week. I own both and have done plenty of heavy wheeling. On a slope or rocks an auto makes life much easier. I like to think I have a third leg :) But in real life its only good for one thing and thats not working a clutch.:(

toyota_jon

Adventurer
I have been hearing more and more about how people love their auto's for wheeling and for the life of me i just can't understand it. my MT is bulletproof, if it needs to be rebuilt i have confidence that i can do it, i wouldn't even think about touching an AT. MT's are much simpler, less chance of breaking on the trail. engine breaking is a huge bonus as well.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
dieselcruiserhead said:
I am pretty sure there was never a manual 4 door option available on a tacoma, period... For what it's worth...!

Sure there is you can get one now with a 6 speed manual and 4 doors, short bed only though.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Good to hear it.. I was helping a friend who was considering a tacoma and a FJ Cruiser about 6 months ago and we were told no 4 doors with standard.... I thought it was the same as I was always told it was (which I always thought was retarded).

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
dieselcruiserhead said:
Good to hear it.. I was helping a friend who was considering a tacoma and a FJ Cruiser about 6 months ago and we were told no 4 doors with standard.... I thought it was the same as I was always told it was (which I always thought was retarded).

I think it depends on which state you live in. I had a hard time searching for them in CA. But, maybe that was just a fluke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior