1st gen tundra snorkel/storage

Semper Paratus

Observer
Gentlemen,

I have had no luck with the search mechanism here. Can anyone help me with information on a snorkel for a 1st gen tundra? Or direct me to a previous thread. Also do any of you have pictures of your tundras with storage built into the back. I just looked at all 38 pages of storage and found only 2-3 trucks in there. Is your storage mounted to the floor? Or is it free floating in the back of the truck?

Thanks,

Semper Paratus

Go4Lo

Explorer
If you have a 1st Gen Tundra I'm sure by now you've come to realize there is very little aftermarket support for them. This holds true with snorkels as well. There are no companies currently building snorkel kits for the 1st Gen Tundra, however I know of one guy on TundraSolutions that adapted a 100 series Land Cruiser snorkel to his Access Cab Tundra. If you do a search on TundraSolutions you should be able to come up with his install thread.

I think his turned out really well and I plan to try the same one on my truck if I end up keeping it.

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
I'll make that even easier....here's the link for the 100 series snorkel on a 1st gen tundra. That's about the best you'll get anywhere.

As for bed storage, ours is just tightly packed on the floor and under the tonneau cover. The rest is in boxes on the bed rack. There should be Tacoma threads on the subject. I know some of the guys have nice setups that could be copified to fit your needs. You'll probably need to spend lengthy hours perusing the Toyota FJ, 4Runner Tacoma section for the builds.....

Semper Paratus

Observer
Thanks!

Thank you for sending the links and the ideas about storage. I have noticed how difficult it is to find anything for the tundra. I am starting my build today. Luck to all of you.

Jake

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
OK, see, you know it's against forum law to post hints about your ride without photographic evidence......just to keep you safe from ExPo jail, I'll ask.

What Tundra are you running and can we see a picture of it?

(that'll buy you some time)

Semper Paratus

Observer
Apologies

The last thing I want is to be thrown in expo jail! (unless that means being locked in with some fanatical guru that can give me the secrets to finding aftermarket items for my tundra) I'm fairly new here and didn't think anyone would care to see mine. You all have such awesome vehicles. Here is a pic of me picking up my shell last week. I work as a program director for a boys ranch and my tundra (1st gen 2001) has been a work vehicle and has just this month been retired to enjoy the rest of it's life as an expedition rig.

Last edited:

Semper Paratus

Observer
What kind of topper is that? It looks canvas like a can bak, cool!

It is actually a best top. I found it on a local classified website. I couldn't believe it fit my tundra.

Attachments

• top 1.JPG
    top 1.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 71
  • top 2.JPG
    top 2.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 171
  • top 4.JPG
    top 4.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 65

MILOWILLI

Gentlemen,

I have had no luck with the search mechanism here. Can anyone help me with information on a snorkel for a 1st gen tundra? Or direct me to a previous thread. Also do any of you have pictures of your tundras with storage built into the back. I just looked at all 38 pages of storage and found only 2-3 trucks in there. Is your storage mounted to the floor? Or is it free floating in the back of the truck?

Thanks,

Semper Paratus
I have pics of one with a Tacoma snorkel installed. Looks great. I can email them to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles