1st Gen Tundra Owners Weigh In (Over GVWR?)

Surferlee

So I've been searching all over to see how much weight all of you 1st gen owners throw in the bed!

If you could give your set up, weight, and any mods it would be appreciated!

Many people love these trucks and I think this info is great for a growing following. No shaming for overloading or not buying a 3/4 ton! In fact I want to know how overloaded your are and how you and your truck cope with the weight? I believe a short camper with less weight far from the rear axle will make a big difference, do you? I want to launch a custom build this summer so I appreciate any advice from experienced users.

I have a 1345 lb sunlite camper on my truck. I did put some hellwig overload springs on it. FYI make sure your balljoints are in great shape. I learned the hard way last Labor Day after getting gas and lower ball joint popped out and stopped my surf trip in my tracks.

Attachments

• F00C8610-FDEC-48CF-B687-BBB2CB7D0619.jpeg
    F00C8610-FDEC-48CF-B687-BBB2CB7D0619.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 39

HNewman

@Surferlee that is a sick looking set up! Ball joint failure is no joke on these trucks. Was a recall item for all years of the first gen if I recall. Although I have seen them separate on 4runners and Tacomas around this same vintage. Glad your truck survived the indecent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94