1st Gen Tundra ARB Sahara ???

Flagster

Expedition Leader
ARBUSA lists only 99-05 for sahara bar fitment..."call ARB for special instructions" for the 2006
Was the 2006 really that different...does anyone have a sahara bar on a 06 tundra?
I am looking at used examples and would like a winch bar...do I need to stop looking at 2006 models...
I also have read the access cabs are narrower and shorter...this seems to be a problem if the Sahara bar is one size for all cabs?
Thanks
Matt

rambrush

Adventurer
Mine is a 06 with the bumper on it. My biggest thing was the mounting hardware was not correct. Had to go source bolts to hold it on.
I would also suggest looking at doing the frame horn mod to beef that up so the bumper does not try to remove itself. (Currently have a light removed as it vibrated out/off its mount)

IMG4949-XL.jpg

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
ARB yes or no?

Rambrush would you recommend the Sahara Bar? Is it worth the money, or would it be better to look elsewhere?

rambrush

Adventurer
I like it but it is heavy bulky etc. Its well built the energy absorbing mounts are a good addition.
There are times I consider changing it out to tuck a winch right up close and tight to the ac condenser to improve approach angles.

the dude

Adventurer
What other options for the 1st gen tundras are there?

I think a custom built might be the only way to go??

pirates712

There really aren't any options other than anything big and bulky like the ARB. I'm going to spend my money on a tube bender instead and see what I can come up with.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I like it but it is heavy bulky etc. Its well built the energy absorbing mounts are a good addition.
There are times I consider changing it out to tuck a winch right up close and tight to the ac condenser to improve approach angles.

If you decide to let it go, PM me and I will give it a try.

Semper Paratus

Observer
Mine is a 06 with the bumper on it. My biggest thing was the mounting hardware was not correct. Had to go source bolts to hold it on.
I would also suggest looking at doing the frame horn mod to beef that up so the bumper does not try to remove itself. (Currently have a light removed as it vibrated out/off its mount)

IMG4949-XL.jpg

Where was this picture taken? Utah? San Rafael Swell?

Falkon

Adventurer
There really aren't any options other than anything big and bulky like the ARB. I'm going to spend my money on a tube bender instead and see what I can come up with.

Did you ever do anything? Im in the same boat right about now.

tyv12

Adventurer
arb tundra

The ARB Sahara bar was designed for the 2000-2003 model years so they don't fit properly on the 2004-2005, thy are about 3" too narrow and sit about 2.5" low with the arb mounts and they stick out forwards a long way. I built custom mounts for mine and moved it 6" inwards (cut out the top section of the bumper) and 2.5" up, also the design is very very open underneath and leaves your air intake extremely vulnerable, it was because of the arb bumper that I hydrolocked my first motor, I welded extra plates in afterwards to give extra protection underneath, it is a very tough bumper and for a 2000-2003 I would recommend it but for the 2006 remember that the Aluminess one was also designed for the 2000-2003's, here's mine to compare... on the 3rd pic the black section is what I added, right above that, what used to be open space is the stock intake...not a good situation

Attachments

• tyler work 027 crop.jpg
    tyler work 027 crop.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 160
  • H and L 078.JPG
    H and L 078.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 141
  • H and L 058.JPG
    H and L 058.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 139

Falkon

Adventurer
Thanks tyv12. I am thinking about seeing what I can do with some tubing to work on sliders and bumpers.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
TYV12 that bumper looks awesome in the last picture, when it is fitting right. I'd love to have that on my truck. I am considering modifying a bull bar for the 100 series Land Cruiser to fit the Tundra. 06TahoeMD made it fit his Tahoe and it looks amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior