1st gen tacoma intake snorkle questions

Eric3187

Adventurer
on my 1st gen i bought, the antenna was removed and a windshield antenna was installed, so now i have a mangled hole where the antenna used to be.

My idea was to punch out that hole to about 3" and plumb up a mid rise snorkle that you see on hummers. it gets the intake tube from out behind the fender liner and cleans up the hole.

If this idea is beneficial, and worth a few hours of my time, where can i source one of those cylinder type filter/snorkle tops?
Should the tube coming up through the fender be braced to the fender itself, or held firm but flexible with a piece of 1/4" rubber acting as a grommet that is fit around the tubing and then rivited to the fender?

Is rigid tubing nessecary from the airbox to the main tube coming out of the fender, or could some flexible hose/tubing type stuff be used

p nut

butter
Doesn't seem like an optimal spot to be cutting a hole. You'd have an oblong shaped hole that might look even uglier than what you've got now. How about installing a CB/Ham antenna in its place?

ca18_sean

Adventurer
I think it could look ok... as long as you take your time and end up with something like this:

snorkel002.jpg

and not something like this:

122687d1319842451-snorkel-img_5403.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior