1st Gen Taco Build

nickw

Adventurer
Well done - this is great! I appreciate this 10x more than all the fancy #vanlife #expotaco $150k builds out there, it's not even close to be honest.

I see rigs like this from time to time, basic, no frills, not what I'd think most folks would find 'trendy' but lots of neat & unique outside of the box ideas that look great. Thank you for sharing!

Well done - this is great! I appreciate this 10x more than all the fancy #vanlife #expotaco $150k builds out there, it's not even close to be honest.

I see rigs like this from time to time, basic, no frills, not what I'd think most folks would find 'trendy' but lots of neat & unique outside of the box ideas that look great. Thank you for sharing!
Thnx for the kind words from you and other commenters.

End of year updates

Had a missfire issue which lead to inspection of transmission. All in great shape for almost 200k. Flushed the transfluid. Installed new plug wires and kept stock coils. Also addressed long known problem of loose tie rod ends and leaking rack and pinion. Wasn't too bad but would shimmy on steep downhill braking in the Rockies and less than firm steering magnified by the larger tire install this summer. Replaced the 15 in spare with new 17 steel wheel and tire to match existing rubber. Running good and ready to finish more upgrades soon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles