1st gen Sorento lift and bigger tires

Deegy3

Hey everyone. I’m in a bit of a dilemma right now. I’m trying to find out what are the biggest tires I can put on my sorento to get that aggressive look, but with minimal cutting. I also have ordered a daystar 2 inch spacer lift so any opinions on that would be greatly appreciated as well. I don’t want to order a brand new set of tires just to find out they won’t work.

RoadBoss

I put 31's (245/75 16) on my dad's 2007, they rub very slightly on the inner fenders at full lock. I think you would have a hard time going much bigger than that even with a lift... though I'm not exactly sure where they rub, if it would be possible to clearance that area much, or if you could change the wheel offset to help.

Deegy3

Thanks for the reply. For me personally I’m trying to go with a true 31 inch or bigger, I was thinking about putting 265 75 16, I have no problem with a little bit of cutting. Did you happen to have a lift on your sorento? I’m putting on a daystar 2 inch spacer lift when it comes.

RoadBoss

the sorento was stock height, but I think the issue is more with the front and rear clearance, so I'm not sure the lift will make a difference from that standpoint. but a 265/75 is not a lot bigger, so you may be able to get away with it with some trimming.
screen cap from video for reference.
Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 6.31.57 PM.png

you may be able to see a little better in the full video amongst all the shaky footage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles