1st Gen Montero lift kits?

travish325

Is there a secret place to find these? I've only found one that seems decent from Adventure Driven, and it's only a 2.5in.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
2.5 inch is about all you can get out of IFS without a balljoint flip (not recommended) what kind of wheeling do you plan on doing and how big of tires are you fixing to run? I have an Adventure driven set of springs and it's pretty **************, i only run the 1" suspension lift kit but i have a 2" bodylift. I can clear 37x14.5" tires but i have a Blister fender Monty so it has a fair bit bigger wheel well than yours, you could easily go to 35's on what's available on the market. You'll need to regear though.

Also welcome!

DSCF0870.jpg

^^^That's my machine, crawls a Safeway gutter like you wouldn't believe!

travish325

2.5 inch is about all you can get out of IFS without a balljoint flip (not recommended) what kind of wheeling do you plan on doing and how big of tires are you fixing to run? I have an Adventure driven set of springs and it's pretty **************, i only run the 1" suspension lift kit but i have a 2" bodylift. I can clear 37x14.5" tires but i have a Blister fender Monty so it has a fair bit bigger wheel well than yours, you could easily go to 35's on what's available on the market. You'll need to regear though.

Also welcome!

View attachment 484422

^^^That's my machine, crawls a Safeway gutter like you wouldn't believe!

I'm not doing any serious wheeling yet, but eventually would like to do a few overland trips. I'm only looking to clear 33x12.5 but have some flex and extra clearance. I planned on doing a 2in body lift first.

Right now it's on stock suspension with the torsion bars cranked up. Rides like crap and rubs easily.

mudraider

Adventurer
I'm not doing any serious wheeling yet, but eventually would like to do a few overland trips. I'm only looking to clear 33x12.5 but have some flex and extra clearance. I planned on doing a 2in body lift first.

Right now it's on stock suspension with the torsion bars cranked up. Rides like crap and rubs easily.
That tire thing has been beat to death. 33's should fit, dependent on wheels you use, just some minor trimming. You tightened the front torsion, is there still 13mm of gap on that upper bump stop? If you are touching that upper stop, it's going to ride like crap, no getting around that. 2" body lift will help with up travel when you go 33's on some wheels that have offset. Here's some 33's with 2" body lift. Didn't hit, smooth ride, didn't bother power.
8cc783593b80605c758590339ff7e502.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles