1st Gen Hilux 3RZ build thread - Stoffregen Motorsports

bkg

Explorer
OEM shifters have two boots, one underneath to keep out the muck and stink. I could use CV boots under the finished interior boot.

Ah.... I misunderstood your earlier statment. I assumed you were planning to use *only* a rubber boot and not cover with an internal. Disregard my original suggestion, then.

Simons

Adventurer
I misunderstood as well. For some reason I thought that by "not OEM" you were looking for something less finished looking, more utility.
Those Lokar boots are 100% Naugahyde! Fancy.
Personally I'd hold out for Corinthian leather

Last edited:

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Your what? Are you building a crawler?

I took a look at your Chevy build thread. Cool stuff.

In order of probability of sighting:

Sasquatch
Yeti
Loch Ness
Santa
Harry

Yeah, I've got an '85 4Runner with a swapped in RTE/R151. It's getting a 60 front/70 rear on 40's. I have almost all of the parts gathered, just waiting on time to start on it.

Thank you for the compliment. That truck probably has at least 25k miles of dirt under its tires. I've put probably a thousand or more in the last month or so and I really enjoy exploring, but I still miss my rocks...

No kidding on the sightings. He is one busy man.

Jack

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
I made a wonderful mistake at roughly 2130 last night.

I stumbled on your modern farm truck build...which then led me to your cj5 build, which led me to this build, then to the 40 and 74 builds and now its 4 hours later and my wife asks why I won't go to sleep.

Your work is amazing. Every build has been unique and top notch. Mild and wild. Please keep sharing your builds with us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke