1999 Montero Winter/Cold White $4000

blackohio

Observer
I've got an itch for another Audi, so it's time to start looking for that right Diesel Audi Q5/7. I've got a Passat and Jetta and this, and want to have only 2 cars. So the Jetta and Montero gotta go.

Located: Long Beach CA
1999 Montero Cold/Winter Package 172K.
Parts/Maintenance done recently (within last 400 miles): Timing Belt, Crank Seal, Water Pump, Pitman Arm, Idler Arm, All 3 Catalytic Converters, bank 1 Pre-O2 sensor, Complete Magnaflow Cat-back. 6- BFG All Terrains, 5- Fuel 16x8 wheels. (1-spare unused tire) 2" hitch receiver, Sony headunit, all new speakers, battery, ignition switch. Also have - not installed plug wires.

wheels/tires/cats/exhaust alone are worth over $4K - So free truck.

Has but not installed. Original running boards, rear fold down seats, original wheels/tires

The good:
Clean Title
Runs great, driven to mountain bike primarily. done the Ortega to the top of Blue Jay and on the 405 in traffic with no issues.
A/C works great
All windows work
sunroof works (track could probably be greased)
Audio sounds good
Exhaust sounds great. dead quiet at idle, slightly louder when on it. Reminds me of a TRD Tacoma. I'm 40 and live in the city, so it's not a "country loud" exhaust
All stock parts included

The Bad.
Heater core by-passed. Not sure why, PO did it, havent tested to see if it leaks.
The bumper paint isnt the greatest, rear bumper isnt perfect. build you own!
drivers seat has some minor seam separation in base.

I've no reason to sell this really, other than my auto-ADD is taking over and I want a TDI Q7 or SQ5

IMG_0018.jpgIMG_6230.jpgIMG_0020.jpgIMG_0022.jpgIMG_0015.jpgIMG_0013.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0009.jpgIMG_0017.jpgIMG_0007.jpg

Last edited:

blackohio

Observer
it might take me some time to gather the rest of my funds for the Audi purchase, just trying to start preparing. Plus, Im kinda a moron so I might keep modding it.

bikerjosh

Explorer
I wish this was closer to north east, by the time I add shipping to it, will go over my budget.

Fly and drive. Southwest Airlines is your friend(done it a couple times). Cali is awesome this time of year and you could hit up some epic destinations on your way home.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Fly and drive. Southwest Airlines is your friend(done it a couple times). Cali is awesome this time of year and you could hit up some epic destinations on your way home.

Having lived in the Rockies since 1998 I wouldn't even consider doing this in the winter, cheaper and safer to just have it shipped.

blackohio

Observer
I drove a vw cabrio with a VR6 swap from Portland to LA in Jan years ago. The whole Grants Pass to Redding area was SKETCH.

blackohio

Observer
Also forgot to mention if anyone wants a PPI I'll take it wherever you guys want withdrawl n reason. Obviously not driving to Barstow.

Also forgot to add it has a new fuel sending unit.

blackohio

Observer
fixed rear handle. the level tip was broken off, went to a junkyard that had no monteros so I decided to home fix it. Drilled into the lever, threaded and sank a brake bolt from one of my monuntain bikes, set it with epoxy. Rear handle now works again until I find a junkyard handle.

Calico

Yup, solid to my buddy. He loves it he's been talking about getting a Monty for a long time. Good looking truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles