1999 Lexus LX470 - Triple Locked, 183K miles, Turnkey ready for adventuring

Teja Musunuru

Not able upload the images I took from my phone so here is google drive link for the images. I will upload more images soon and link also has complete Carfax report till date

I'm the 5th owner. Ever since I bought the back in Jan 2021, I never skimmed on maintenance or using quality parts. Always ran on 91 octane and Modil 1 full synthetic oil since the day I owned. Even the previous (1-3) owners serviced the vehicle most of the times in dealership and 4th owner barely drove it for a year as you can see in Carfax report. No Rust (I will underbody images soon to the link)

Powertrain -

Service below done @171K miles - 8/3/21
  • Timing belt replaced
  • Oil and filter changed
  • Thermostat housing/gasket replaced
  • Radiator hose(s) and T-fittings replaced
  • Serpentine belt replaced
  • Water pump replaced
  • Thermostat replaced
Recent oil change done on 11/22/21
Throttle body replaced
Air snorkel along with K&N filter
Borla exhaust @165K

Drivetrain -

Rack and Pinion replaced
Front diff w/ ETON e-locker @167K
Rear Lexus Axle swapped with Landcruiser axle with Factory e-locker. Along with factory harness and computer module @167K so works like a OEM
Transfer case fluild flushed and replaced @167K
Front/Rear diffs flushed and replaced @167K
ARB diff breather extenders
Stock gearing
Transfer case fluid flushed and replaced

DBA performance Rotors and Brake Pads all around (Less than 3K miles)
Front wheel bearings and seals replaced when rotors are replaced
Rear Calipers replaced
Brake fluids flushed and replaced

Suspension/Wheels/Tires -

Dobinsons IMS shocks front/rear - 2" lift
Dobinsons Medium duty springs - 2" lift
OME Torsion Bars
Dobinsons UCA’s
Dobinsons Diff drop kit

Spring coils insulators to avoid metal to metal contact

NO AHC system. AHC fluid Reservoir and lines in the engine bay are removed to make room for AUX battery

Method 701 - 17" (including spare) - Less than 200 miles (Installed on 12/1/21)
BFgoodrich K02 285/70/R17 (Including spare) - Less than 200 miles (Installed on 12/1/21)

I have Tundra steel powdered coated to white that I can include in sale if you want

Have Ironman 4x4 Lower control arm reinforcing brackets in the box

Interior/ Exterior/ Accessories -

ARB front bumper
ARB LED fog lights
ARB Solis Spots W/ Amber Lens cover (Have clear one's as well)
WARN 10-S winch
Ironman Front recovery points
ARB 8'x8' awing with integrated adjustable LED light
4 x Gamaviti Multi brakets to mount Awing and Shower room awing
Renogy 100w Solar panel mounted on tilting brakets
Kaymar rear tire carrier W/ Jerry can holder

Pioneer 1500NEX Apple CarPlay/Andriod auto Head unit
Head unit USB connection flush mounted on console that has extra opening for rocker switch (Using Ben3Dbuild solution)
Scan Gauge II mounted in Homelink location (Using Ben3Dbuild solution)
Ram ball mounted replacing the blank insert (Using Ben3Dbuild solution)
Angled mount next to Ram ball mount (Wanted to use it for HAM unit)
Have Metaltect 4X4 ditch light mounting bracket in Box (Only driver side - wanted to mount HAM antenna)
Midland CB radio and Antenna mounted on Front bumper
2x AUX USB ports installed near shifter
Center console organizer from Ben3Dbuild
I also have 2nd row 12V and extra USB outlets and panel that replaces blank dummy from Ben3Dbuild that needs to installed (Usually a climate control in fully loaded models)
2nd row 40th split deleted and mounted brackets from trail tailor hold base for my fridge
12V, USB and Anderson charging outlets installed in rear cargo

Recently got steam cleaned the interior and engine bay detailed by 68 Auto detail guys @ 11/29

Drawer system build from 3/4" Birch plywood (Stained/sealed and top platform is covered with carpet) and 500lbs payload sliders (I know its overkill) and also the top platform converts to a sleeping platform

I have all the service records since the day I owned and original owners manual if that means a thing for the buyer. I never trusted some random shops with my cruiser so always maintained at Mudrak Custom Cruisers and Top Shop Auto even though they are very long drive from my house.

Interior - 7.5/10, regular wear on front seats for 22yr vehicle. 2nd row seats are Ok but I never used them other than to store camping/trip stuff
Exterior - 7/10, Few rock chips and pin stripes. Small dent on passenger rear fender (Will try to get it fixed before selling)

$35,000

Thanks!

Last edited:

Teja Musunuru

Thanks for the feedback. I was testing waters and definitely see that I’m wrong. Reduced to 35k to see if I can get any conversations started.
Extended platform attached to drawer system folds out to sleeping platform.

Last edited:

Shigeta

W6EXP
For such an asking price, it's reasonable to take and upload a comprehensive amount of pictures—especially of the undercarriage and current condition of mechanical bits.

Teja Musunuru

Apologies, I’m on a trip currently and didn’t have time/reception until now to update this thread here. Attached is craigslist ad link that has all the images. Thanks!

Last edited:

Teja Musunuru

Fyi - updated google drive link with additional images. Thanks!

LX also has Timbren bump stops in rear and bump it off-road bump stops in front

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online