1999 Land Rover Discovery TReK with 75,680 miles- Reduced Price - $6,500 w/extras

PADisco

1999 Land Rover Discovery TReK with 75,680 miles - $7,500
Specification
Year:1999Vehicle Title:Clear
Make:Land RoverStandard Equipment:Power Windows
Model:DiscoveryOptional Equipment:
Sub Model:TReKExterior Color:Orange
Series:4DR WGN W/LEATHERInterior Color:Black
VIN:SALTY1247XA213309Engine:8 Cylinder 4.0 Liter
Mileage:75680Fuel Type:Gasoline
Transmission:AutomaticBody Type:SUV
Condition:Used
Drive Train:4 Wheel Drive

Vehicle History

The truck was used by one of the six teams that qualified for the 1999 TReK Finals in Bodega, California. The TReK competition was an inter-retailer competition modeled after the Camel Trophy Adventure. This was Truck #2 in the 1999 TReK Finals driven by Team “The Automaster” from Shelbourne, VT. Unfortunately, the team ended up sixth in the finals, but the event is really about “Land Rover Team Building”…..right? Here’s a video link of the event.
“The Automaster” serviced and maintained the vehicle until 2008. With 66,556 miles, the vehicle went to a dealer in Tennessee. I purchased the vehicle with 68,479 miles in 2010.

Since I had two other Land Rovers, I kept the miles off this one and mainly used it for a few camping trips with the kids. I didn't have a garage at the time, so it sat outside all the time. During that time period, rust got to the floorboards, sills, and lower doors.

In 2013, I cut out the floorboards and sills, replaced them with new steel, and prep’d/painted everything with POR 15. Due to my work schedule, and other rover work, I didn’t have the time to put it all back together.

From 2013 until the spring of 2019, it sat in my garage. I finally had a little time to put it back together this spring.

Vehicle Details
  • Price: $7,500
  • New Pennsylvania Inspection – Good until June 2020
  • Exterior
    • Engine and Transmission – No known current issues, never touched it. Both run strong, but does have normal rover oil leaks.​
    • Tires – 255/85/R16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain, <8,000 miles on them (installed 2010)​
    • Brakes – <5,000 miles (installed 2011)​
    • Floor Boards/Sills – all rust cut out and replaced with steel, then painted with POR 15.​
    • Suspension – Airbag suspension replaced with OME Springs/Shocks. The SLABS ECU needs to be switched to springs/shocks.​
    • Exhaust – All solid, but does have a small manifold exhaust leak. New manifold gaskets and bolts are included in sale.​
    • Roof Rack – Original TReK Roof Rack. Does have some paint scuffs from use, and the mesh floor is dented. Front and rear Hella lights are also not hooked up.​
    • Warn Winch – Winch does not currently operate and cable is also broke.​
    • Driver/Passenger Doors – Overall good condition. Latches stick a little and there is some surface rust on lower sections of doors.​
    • Rear Door – Overall good condition. New top and bottom hinges. Right lower corner of door has some corrosion under paint.​
    • Underbody – Most rust areas cleaned and painted with POR, but there are still areas around the rear axle that need to be done. (probably 75% complete)​
    • Rock Sliders – Original rock sliders were removed during rust repair. Originals are available, and could be reinstalled with a little work. Or I do have another set that may be sold with it.​
    • Skid Plates – Original skid plates are removed from truck, but will go with the vehicle.​
    • Paint – Overall the paint and stickers are in ok condition, but both have faded over the years. With a little buffing, it would shine up nicely.​
    • Front Bumper – The original front bumper is still on the truck, but the top bull bar was missing when I bought it. I have another bull bar that will go with the vehicle.​
  • Interior
    • Seats – Has the limited edition original Black/Blue with Orange Striped leather seats with no tears, just normal signs of use.​
    • Floor – Has the original rubber floor (except it has been cut at four locations under the seats, so it could be removed during rust repair)​
    • Windows, Locks, Etc – All work, but only have one key FOB​
    • Dash – Overall good to excellent condition. No three amigo lights, all gauges work.​
    • Headliner – Overall good to excellent condition and not saggy.​
Let me know if you have any specific questions. Detailed CarFax is available showing the maintenance/ownership of the vehicle from 1999 thru present.

I am open to all reasonable offers.

Attachments

• Side1.jpg
    Side1.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 1,781
  • Drivers Side.jpg
    Drivers Side.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 992
  • Passenger Side1.jpg
    Passenger Side1.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 971
  • Side2.jpg
    Side2.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 1,208
  • Passenger Side2.jpg
    Passenger Side2.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 952
  • Passenger Side2a.jpg
    Passenger Side2a.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 874
  • Back1.jpg
    Back1.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 865
  • Rear1a.jpg
    Rear1a.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 860

PADisco

1999 Land Rover Discovery TReK

Reduced Price - $6500

Plus-original sliders, RockStar Fab Sliders, D2 Workshop Manual, D2 Bull Bar Assembly, and Three Amigos Tool

PADisco

The RockStar Fab Sliders, D2 Workshop Manual, D2 Bull Bar Assembly and Three Amigos Tool will be sold separately. PM if interested.

PADisco

The sale did not go thru.......so the TReK is still for sale.

1999 Land Rover Discovery TReK

Reduced Price - $6500

Plus-original sliders, RockStar Fab Sliders, D2 Workshop Manual, D2 Bull Bar Assembly, and Three Amigos Tool

lake_bueller

Observer
If this doesn't pan out, I'm interested. Haven't been on this forum in 2 or so years...the day I come back, it appears I'm 4 days late to my dream car

Sorry Soflo....I was next in line and snagged it up. Just finalizing arrangements for shipping to Wisconsin. I think it will be a nice sibling to my G4 ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles