1999 Chinook Concourse E350 Quigley 4x4 75k v10 (Reserve Auction...)

86scotty

Cynic
Are you meaning to convert a Chinook to 4wd? If so, the same as converting any other E-series. It's the same vehicle under the front, an E350.

You could easily tow a boat with a V10 Chinook.

In other news, I hope whomever won the auction on this one enjoys the mirror function of those extra shiny tires. Yuck.

rawtoxic

LOL... The tires... I was considering bidding on it last night went through all photos and thought the unit looked very heavily detailed, which is nice but sometimes takes away from the real condition....

Yeah a E350 4x4 conversion is what I meant I didn't know if a heavier Chinook needed a different install? What is ballpark on a good 4x4 convo with lift? I didn't know if the 4x4 conversion would cause some power loss etc for towing ok. One thing that maybe annoying is rear entry door while trailer is attached but maybe the hitch neck is a built in step. I have been shopping hard for 4x4 host, adventurer, xplorer, serro scotty or tiger(last choice of the above) but just not found right one. I think Chinook's are little easier to find it seems and may have some benefits over the truck chassis I want. I would really prefer a diesel pre-2004 (who wouldn't!!)

LOL... The tires... I was considering bidding on it last night went through all photos and thought the unit looked very heavily detailed, which is nice but sometimes takes away from the real condition....

Yeah a E350 4x4 conversion is what I meant I didn't know if a heavier Chinook needed a different install? What is ballpark on a good 4x4 convo with lift? I didn't know if the 4x4 conversion would cause some power loss etc for towing ok. One thing that maybe annoying is rear entry door while trailer is attached but maybe the hitch neck is a built in step. I have been shopping hard for 4x4 host, adventurer, xplorer, serro scotty or tiger(last choice of the above) but just not found right one. I think Chinook's are little easier to find it seems and may have some benefits over the truck chassis I want. I would really prefer a diesel pre-2004 (who wouldn't!!)

The market just decided what it is worth... about $45k.

rawtoxic

Sorry I'm being unclear. I know it's $45k for a finished 4x4 Chinook obviously. I am asking what it cost to take my own Chinook 2x4 and do the 4x4 convo with small lift. Thanks

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
I was quoted low to mid $20‘s without tires from two well respected shops to do a 4x4 conversion.
the hitch is under the step. I use a 18” hitch extender with using my Stowaway2 cargo box to fully open back door.

i just drove 1,000 miles from virginia to PA and over many mountains (obviously our mountains aren’t as step or tall as out west though) and v10‘s power allows me to pass on hills with no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz