1998 T100 Expedition Build

Anota

Observer
Not to worry! this is only temporary a bumper like this is in the making right now
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 9.39.02 AM.jpg

Last edited:

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Same on the grill guard. That bumper on the taco would look great but mods to make it fit unless built to spec for your truck. Nice topper upgrade Anota. Been snowing a ton in my area and waiting to get back at my build. Best of luck bud!

Anota

Observer
The guard is still on soon to be taken place by the new bumper in a week or two. The cardboard mock up is coming together slowly because schools just been in the way. Had a great day getting the add-a-leaf kit on. The truck feels stiffer and rides like a dream now. Also when i flex it there is no grinding scraping, heart wrenching sounds anymore which makes me feel a whole lot better about it capability. Friday i took it on a 1000 mile spontaneous road trip with a friend to get out and the truck ran great. Not one problem yet, though I'm expecting many in the future. Also picked up this bumper jack from harbor freight for $50 which i think was a steal. Its load rating is 7000lbs and lifted the truck without a problem. its an amazing device. Had to cut the old U-bolts off because they rusted themselves solid. its nice having nuts and bolts that move. some pics from the install.. sorry this build has been so incredibly boring but money and time has been the issue as always. 4 more weeks of school then I can really get after the build
DSC_0137.jpgDSC_0141.jpgDSC_0136.jpgDSC_0140.jpg
Ive been hunting around for a pair of 2014 FJ cruiser 8 hole gun metal rims. they look so good and the plan would be to put some BFG AT 33's on now that I've gained 1.5" in lift. I might reroute the exhaust it was tucked really close to the cab and i can smell fumes sometimes. Also the gas tank is shot so on the hunt for one of those. In the mean time I'm planning on modifying my cap to build it to my original camper cap design. Hopefully will take a couple weeks tops. Stoked
DSC_0142.jpg

Bwang

Nice build. I am actually in the process of also doing an expedition build my 97 T100 4x4. Questions about your lift - Did you just add KYB's all around, AAL, and cranked the torsion bars in the front? I am in the preliminary stages of deciding what lift I want.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
build looks good so far… Im building my T for mexico trips… "T Beach Cruiser"! Im using same front bull bar set up I got for $100…. gonna chop it a little different but I like the look & light guards… Keep on with the build as you are inspiring mine as well!

Anota

Observer
been awhile while school is winding down. Been on the hunt for a pair of these FJ 8 hole rims and finally got a pair of '14 take off's with 1000 miles on them. They're not what I want but can't afford to get all-terrains right now so ill run these through the winter I'm guessing. No other mods other than skill in the design phase for bumpers and camper back. Also need to convert my tank cause its ready to leak- Bull bar just wasn't doing it for me either so its getting cut up and turned into a rear bumper possibly. Before and after picture! Check it and let me know what you think

Attachments

• DSC_0135.jpg
    DSC_0135.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0143.jpg
    DSC_0143.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0145.jpg
    DSC_0145.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 16

Anota

Observer
No lift in the front. Only lift on this is a rear leveling kit and AAL. Might turn torsions out a bit but the rear is still lower for some reason

fun build. I just got a t100 a month ago and am trying to get it ready for a pan-american drive in a few weeks. I'm currently working on a similar looking camper idea, but mine is out of plywood and fiberglass and not a pop up, so a bit taller. Any way, enjoying the t100 inspiration.

Anota

Observer
Lately I've found myself on my roof just as much as under it so i decided to split the caps roof with walking access and a space for my boards. I finally got around to ripping up the ****ty old fence and used it to make this light frame. Stills needs gusseting but its working.
attachment.php

We also just put all new trim in our house and had these cut-off strips that are absolutely perfect for the surface. I have a plan of the glue up that will make it very sound as a standing/ seating surface. The wood will flex to much so i need to put one more angle stretcher down the middle for it to rest on or i can tie in it into
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94