1998 M1079 Completely rebuilt in 2006 only 2000 since new 17k obo street legal clean title

Deshet

Adventurer
Sold

1998 LMTV M1079
Street Legal Clean VA title
Super Singles
Completely rebuilt in 2006
Purchased with 1100 original miles
Currently has 2000
Used in Christmas Parades and Veterans Events Locally
Complete LED lighting package all around
Blackout lighting fully functional.
Custom Door key included
No leaks or holes anywhere
Turret roof in place
Has a Rear AC unit installed by the government it works on 110 voltage and works well
Interior height is almost 7'
Clears all bridges and Tunnels.
Sold

I am a member of a military truck organization and spend a lot of time on military bases and I have never seen a cleaner truck

Photos below.

Attachments

• IMG_20190805_155439364_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190805_155439364_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 669
  • IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2205.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:

ExpoMike

Man, would definitely be interested if it wasn't for the fact CA is making it a PITA to register ex-military and pre-2009 commercial diesel vehicles. Good luck with your sale.

ljglass

1998 LMTV M1079
Street Legal Clean VA title
Super Singles
Completely rebuilt in 2006
Purchased with 1100 original miles
Currently has 2000
Used in Christmas Parades and Veterans Events Locally
Complete LED lighting package all around
Blackout lighting fully functional.
Custom Door key included
No leaks or holes anywhere
Turret roof in place
Has a Rear AC unit installed by the government it works on 110 voltage and works well
Interior height is almost 7'
Clears all bridges and Tunnels.
17K obo

I am a member of a military truck organization and spend a lot of time on military bases and I have never seen a cleaner truck

Photos below.

I'm very interested in your vehicle. How can I contact you to make arrangements.

cobro92

Seems like really the only downside to these things is that there aren’t that many people that can work on them, right? Why would anyone buy a unimog when you can buy these for way less?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonapRhys

Adventurer
I believe the engine in here is pretty much a standard CAT engine, so most diesel shops familiar with them can do engine work. Tranny is an Allison, no? That doesn't mean there aren't issues elsewhere (wiring is a combo of 24v and 12v, IIRC, hydraulics for the cabover, etc), but at least much of the drivetrain is workable. There's a maintenance schedule that's gotta be followed or else it'll get ugly, but it's doable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94