1998 LMTV - Ultimate RV

cadecourtley

THE GOVERNMENT SPENT OVER $125K ON THIS TRUCK. As a Former Navy SEAL I saw these rigs in action which is why I bought one. AMAZING! This truck is now better than new. Don’t make the mistake I did by buying a “site unseen” vehicle at auction thinking you will get a bargain. You won’t! I have spent the time and MONEY making this the ultimate RV. A true Zombie Apocopes Survivor! Or an amazing trade show vehicle. It’s ready for you to do the final customization of the cargo interior.

- Turn Key 100% Ready to Work ,Play, or Survive.
- Mechanically has been gone through bumper to bumper - ALL good! Wasn’t the case when I purchased. Have ALL receipts.
- ALL scheduled maintenance performed – and documented.
- Clear Title and Registered in Colorado as RV.
- Zero Leaks / everything works.
- Only 8,900 Miles.
- Cat 3116 with 225 horsepower the engine is the non-electronic, highly dependable, EMP proof motor.
- Allison 7-speed automatic.
- 4 x New 395/85R20 Goodyear Tires + 95% Tread Full size spare.
- Dual Voltage 12V & 24V Alternator.
- New Starter/Alternator.
- Fully Integrated/hardwired 4KW ONAN Generator for 120 Volt interior power that can handle ALL of your interior cargo needs = $5,000 + with Interior and Exterior start button and Shore power outlet.
- Separate 20 gallon Generator fuel tank.
- Engine core heater.
- New reupholstered cab seats x 3.
- Interior cargo lighting and all outlets charged.
- New cargo interior paint & laminate flooring.
- New A/C – Heater console wired for A/C (just needs compressor).
- Keyed ignition and door locks.
- New 100% exterior paint top to bottom.
- 4 x new batteries = $1,000 with battery kill switches.
- AIR RIDE CAB.
- CTIS tire auto inflation system.
- Hi Output LED Head Lights.
- Custom steel grill.
- 2 TRAILER PLUGS, ONE 24V AND THE OTHER 12V + Standard 2” dropdown trailer receiver.
- External HP Air outlets.

Attachments

• 111856CC-E210-40D3-912C-298A2A1C80DC.jpg
    111856CC-E210-40D3-912C-298A2A1C80DC.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2,297

cadecourtley

More pics of this War Wagon.

Attachments

• IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 632
  • IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 720
  • IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 704
  • IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 708
  • IMG_1983.jpg
    IMG_1983.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 690
  • IMG_1969.jpg
    IMG_1969.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 658
  • IMG_1980.jpg
    IMG_1980.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 666

zeeede

Looks similar to something like this, with a buy-it-now price of $31000 on govplanet.com auction. I wonder if the above truck has significant improvements?

https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/Light-Medium-Tactical-Vehicle-(LMTV)-1994-Stewart-&-Stevenson-M1079-2-1/2-Ton-LMTV-4x4-Camper-Truck-Missouri/3534328?h=5000,c|3467,mode|2&rr=0.07143&hitprm=&pnLink=yes

From his description: 4KW Onan generator install; new batteries, grill, and headlights; new starter/alternator; new paint; new seats; etc...

ohiobenz

Always research any reseller. With the increase in popularity of these rigs a number of "flippers" have sprung up who do minimal work, throw paint on and call it a day.
Ask any seller, private or otherwise, for a list of work performed and items replaced.
I'd suggest joining some of the many groups on Facebook or Mewe that focus on your vehicle of choice.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Always research any reseller. With the increase in popularity of these rigs a number of "flippers" have sprung up who do minimal work, throw paint on and call it a day.
Ask any seller, private or otherwise, for a list of work performed and items replaced.
I'd suggest joining some of the many groups on Facebook or Mewe that focus on your vehicle of choice.
Sounds like a few flipped houses I have been told about. I never buy flipped stuff. Way too many shady people out there that use a hammer as a screwdriver.

Edit: looks like I used some bad language. My bad!

Last edited:

MTVR

Looks similar to something like this, with a buy-it-now price of $31000 on govplanet.com auction. I wonder if the above truck has significant improvements?

https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/Light-Medium-Tactical-Vehicle-(LMTV)-1994-Stewart-&-Stevenson-M1079-2-1/2-Ton-LMTV-4x4-Camper-Truck-Missouri/3534328?h=5000,c|3467,mode|2&rr=0.07143&hitprm=&pnLink=yes

3200884_10_0_0001.jpg

Heck, we purchased our MTVR, which is easily five times the truck, for about $15,000 (from GovPlanet), about 15 years newer, in nearly perfect condition, with only about 3,000 miles on it.

mgk

THE GOVERNMENT SPENT OVER $125K ON THIS TRUCK. As a Former Navy SEAL I saw these rigs in action which is why I bought one. AMAZING! This truck is now better than new. Don’t make the mistake I did by buying a “site unseen” vehicle at auction thinking you will get a bargain. You won’t! I have spent the time and MONEY making this the ultimate RV. A true Zombie Apocopes Survivor! Or an amazing trade show vehicle. It’s ready for you to do the final customization of the cargo interior.

- Turn Key 100% Ready to Work ,Play, or Survive.
- Mechanically has been gone through bumper to bumper - ALL good! Wasn’t the case when I purchased. Have ALL receipts.
- ALL scheduled maintenance performed – and documented.
- Clear Title and Registered in Colorado as RV.
- Zero Leaks / everything works.
- Only 8,900 Miles.
- Cat 3116 with 225 horsepower the engine is the non-electronic, highly dependable, EMP proof motor.
- Allison 7-speed automatic.
- 4 x New 395/85R20 Goodyear Tires + 95% Tread Full size spare.
- Dual Voltage 12V & 24V Alternator.
- New Starter/Alternator.
- Fully Integrated/hardwired 4KW ONAN Generator for 120 Volt interior power that can handle ALL of your interior cargo needs = $5,000 + with Interior and Exterior start button and Shore power outlet.
- Separate 20 gallon Generator fuel tank.
- Engine core heater.
- New reupholstered cab seats x 3.
- Interior cargo lighting and all outlets charged.
- New cargo interior paint & laminate flooring.
- New A/C – Heater console wired for A/C (just needs compressor).
- Keyed ignition and door locks.
- New 100% exterior paint top to bottom.
- 4 x new batteries = $1,000 with battery kill switches.
- AIR RIDE CAB.
- CTIS tire auto inflation system.
- Hi Output LED Head Lights.
- Custom steel grill.
- 2 TRAILER PLUGS, ONE 24V AND THE OTHER 12V + Standard 2” dropdown trailer receiver.
- External HP Air outlets.
Hi! Don’t you need to have a list of items completed to register in CO as an RV? How were you able to get by? And does the RV designation then allow you to register a military vehicle for road use? Coz I just found out CO wont register military vehicles anymore. Unless that changed again. Here is the list of items it has to have in CO to register as RV:
  • Cooking
  • Refrigeration or icebox
  • Self-contained toilet
  • Heating and/or Air conditioning
  • Potable water supply system including a faucet and sink
  • Separate 110-125 volt electrical power supply and/or LP gas supply

38snubby

Hi! Don’t you need to have a list of items completed to register in CO as an RV? How were you able to get by? And does the RV designation then allow you to register a military vehicle for road use? Coz I just found out CO wont register military vehicles anymore. Unless that changed again. Here is the list of items it has to have in CO to register as RV:
  • Cooking
  • Refrigeration or icebox
  • Self-contained toilet
  • Heating and/or Air conditioning
  • Potable water supply system including a faucet and sink
  • Separate 110-125 volt electrical power supply and/or LP gas supply

Your questions will never be answered. The original poster has not been on the forum since Sept. 18, 2020. This is an old thread.

Reactions: mgk

mgk

Your questions will never be answered. The original poster has not been on the forum since Sept. 18, 2020. This is an old thread.
Thanks 38snubby! I just got one and would love to know if there’s a way to register it in CO.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
Thanks 38snubby! I just got one and would love to know if there’s a way to register it in CO.
So Colorado is giving you a hard time? Then register it in S. Dakota for a year as an RV thru mailbox etc. Then register it again in a year in Colorado you‘ll have a title from SD & they’ll not even know the better or just Screw Colorado & keep it registered in S.Dakota. I live in CO & have done this mor3 than once…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles