1998 Isuzu Amigo: Let's Try This Again

utherjorge

Observer
So, I'm back, with some more updates.

I was considering selling the rig, and even had some nibbles, but I'm now convinced that humanity is in deep trouble. A small note...when attempting to buy a car, how about not insult people? Good times.

I did have some transmission worries which are now solved, but that's for another post.

In any case, I made the decision to keep it. So the driver's side rear was overdue to be cleaned and painted. I took off the rear tires, and got to work with the wire wheel.

This is the before.

beforetail.jpg

I don't know what that little swiss cheese nub is that's hanging down off the frame, but it was affecting my departure angle. So, in addition to dumping all the scale, that had to go.

This is the "after," with the nub cut, everything wire-wheeled, and then washed down with MEK. Then I hit it with Rust-Bullet. Here's the result:

midtail.jpg

Jamccain

Wow nice, this post really takes me back. Wanted one of these so bad when I was 16. Going to search online for one now.

LucoIsuzu

Hi, nice job. I am also fighting with rust on schassis. What type of cover you used ? and about roof. why Do you prefer hard top ? What happend with soft top frame ? I want rebuild my amigo to soft top. So,I am looking for some parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles