1998 Chevy Tiger 4x4 Camper, single cab, gas, auto, 229,000, $27k Southern Oregon (Craigslist)

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
https://medford.craigslist.org/rvs/d/ashland-1998-chevy-tiger-4x4-camper/7523433008.html

I have decided to sell my rare and awesome Tiger 4WD camper. It’s a one owner and I have all records for service and repairs from day one as well as all factory manuals for the truck and camper. Most of the miles are from traveling to Baja, Alaska and Canada. A brand new crate engine was installed at the GM dealer at 100k miles. Also, in the last few thousand miles the camper was fully inspected and serviced, all new fluids including in the drive train, transmission, engine oil, spark plugs, wires, all filters, brakes, batteries, tires, etc. Everything works great including cruise and AC. Feel free to reach out with questions or to check it out. All EMAILS will be Deleted, please call or text 541-5three9-two335

00i0i_9QKSKhWi7Wmz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Disclaimer - no relation to seller or vehicle

Kleavers

curious about forum members’ thoughts on this vehicle. I’m interested in it, may go look at it. Any suggestions about evaluating the mechanical condition or known issues? I was thinking maybe I’d pay for a mechanics evaluation before making the 12 hour round trip drive.

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
curious about forum members’ thoughts on this vehicle. I’m interested in it, may go look at it. Any suggestions about evaluating the mechanical condition or known issues? I was thinking maybe I’d pay for a mechanics evaluation before making the 12 hour round trip drive.
For sure have someone do a proper PPI. See how cool the seller is, receipts, history more photos etc. then Id decide to see it. Dont want to waste his time either. But thats just me

rawtoxic

Sourdoughben (tiger owner or maybe former tiger owner) had a post he thought the leaf springs looked sagged (I agree) and was questioning if this is one of the tigers that had an off center rear axle? I don't know where the post went?? Or about the off-center axle issue. I would PM him for sure.

I think the drive train is probably a good truck I had a 1997 GMC 2500 work truck at my old company job. What engine does it have? We had a 350 5sp and it was good, I pulled a skid steer with it in the mountains just dandy.

My tiger 2005 is 2500hd has an add a leaf and air lift bags so if this one doesn't I am sure sag it real but can be addressed and should be safe for a drive back considering you won't have 1000# of your crap in there like you may someday lol.

If I were going to fly out and drive home I would consider a 'we go look' service or mobile mechanic maybe to save you time or at very least review his vehicle inspections he claims to have and they maybe enough to give you necessary faith. Also buy AAA Rv premier level insurance just in case something happens on the return trip that will cover your tow and even a trip interruption (I believe up to $750 in motels). I flew out to look at two RVs myself to walk away and fly home (pay for round trip tickets it's only a few extra bucks and what a negotiating tool if seller knows you have a return ticket) What a waste of time on the first two but as they say 3rd times the charm and scored a great tiger. I will say the price is on market value.

colierar

Observer
I like it, but I am a fan of the GMT-400 platform. I had a 98 2500 Suburban with a 454 and the 4l80e tranny. I think this might be a little underpowered, but I think it would look good with a lift and 33's. It has IFS which is nice for the on road ride, but not the best off road. Should have a G80 locker in the rear stock. Parts are cheap and easy to find(for the truck at least). But definitely do what rawtoxic said and have someone look at it. This is exactly what I am looking for in the future as I sit on here and dream and live vicariously through everyone else on the forum. I would be going to take a look at it....someday... Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94