1997 Toyota Megacruiser BXD-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade

I wouldn't care if he had Colin Powell move them here on a ferry captained by Jimmy Carter, with Donald Trump & Chief Justice Roberts co-signing on the import paperwork and new titles. I wouldn't buy a car from this guy.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler

Same? Not Same?
Same Same

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
Here's the Q&A from the site where the megacruiser is listed (unusual-auto.com). It says they're street legal and if not, he'll buy it back for double. Stellar return on investment.

Q – Is this car 50-state Street-Legal?
A- EVERY vehicle sold on our website is street legal. In ANY state. Except for California. PERIOD. This is not an opinion, this is a fact. If you cannot get a title in your state with the paperwork I give you, I will buy the car back for DOUBLE what you paid for it. (I only offer this because it won't happen)

Q – But my friend's brother's mailman said these are not legal for road use in the state of (enter state here)
A- He is mis-informed

Q – Do you have any stock that I can come look at?
A- As most all of our vehicles are sold before they arrive stateside, very rarely do we have stock, but please do check with us on the off chance that we have something available. You can contact us and check, but probably not. We are not a used car lot and do not want to be one.

Q – Will you trade for X, Y or Z?
A – Z only trades we accept are green and have presidents on them.

Q – Can I meet with you so I know who I’m dealing with?
A – Of course – email, phone or text and we'll get together and you can buy me breakfast so we can chat.

Q – You expect me to pay for a car now and wait weeks for it to arrive?
A – Yeah, that part sucks. It is also the way this works. It is also why my prices are a fraction of the cost for the same vehicle anywhere else in the nation.

TXFJ60

Most of the vehicles are sold before they hit the States but yet he's here peddling them? Hmmm. ?

Hope y’all have reported this guy here on the forum. I know they’re aware, but the more people report the more likely he is to get removed. This thread really just needs to end at this point.

nomad661

I'd sort of disagree. This thread should remain so the Google bots send it to the top and hopefully those at least smart enough to check into who they're trying to buy things from have even more confirmation of what a scumbag Michael J. Papp is.

Back when the mod (whose name I can't recall) told us to all be nice posted, I did PM him and mention that the powers to be here should look into this guy and decide whether they want him on the forum. Never heard back but hopefully they did. Regardless, the more hits his name can get on ******** like this, the less likely others will fall into the pit.

Edit - by all means, remove him, but leave the thread IMHO.

TXFJ60

I'd sort of disagree. This thread should remain so the Google bots send it to the top and hopefully those at least smart enough to check into who they're trying to buy things from have even more confirmation of what a scumbag Michael J. Papp is.

Back when the mod (whose name I can't recall) told us to all be nice posted, I did PM him and mention that the powers to be here should look into this guy and decide whether they want him on the forum. Never heard back but hopefully they did. Regardless, the more hits his name can get on **** like this, the less likely others will fall into the pit.

Edit - by all means, remove him, but leave the thread IMHO.
Generally speaking, I much prefer thread locks (with an explanation for the lock) to total thread deletions.
The reasons stated by @nomad661 are valid, IMO.

Agreed. When I say this thread needs to end, I mean it needs to be locked. No further commenting needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles