1997 Tiger CX - Factory built on a 1993 Cummins 5.9 and a Manual transmission.

wheelie

Wheelie
Just Purchased a Tiger CX In Denver.

My wife and I currently have a 2003 Ford E250 Sportsmobile, we love it. But were interested in trying something a little different. When this Tiger CX became available I jumper right on it. Time to start a new project build.

Not going to do all the below list right away, I am going to spend some time with the Tiger and see how it fits our needs. if it doesn't fit for what we want, I will sell it.
Like I said we love our SMB, for its ease of use and how we can boondock it anywhere. The larger chassis might be just what we need or to much. :)

Simple Plans:
1) Modernize the interior, it's in excellent original condition.
2) Upgrades to the 5.9 and running gear for power and efficiency.
3) Solar.
4) Possibly an Espar but the Atwood Furnace works surprisingly well.
5) 4x4 Conversion. (OEM Parts Located)
6) Front Brake Upgrade - Maybe
7) Wheels/Tires
8) Wide Tow Mirrors
9) DVD Stereo with Back-up Camera and Bluetooth- Upgrade interior multi-media as well.
10) Custom rear Bumper with Box, Tire Carrier and 1UpUSA Bike Racks.
11) SUP Paddleboard racks for roof or Side mount, not sure yet.

And our SMB -

Healeyjet

Explorer
Great looking Tiger. That looks to be a real nice size. Do we get some inside pics before you renovate?
Ward

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I love the Tigers!

Would probably have gone after a Tiger GT or XL (both Astro based), but the standard Tiger layout with the rear U-dinette doesn't really work when you need to drive with more than two people. For a couple, though, that CX will be perfect.

Tesoro

What a cool rig! I never knew they existed. I love those first gen dodges and of course the 12v. Mandatory 4x4 conversion for sure! best of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles