1997 Pajero Evolution (Old Betsy VII)

Cruisn

Adventurer
wish I could source some pal. So far I've been unsuccessful. I'll keep my eyes open for more...

damn, I have one on my tool box in oz, but i stole it off my red pajero before I chopped it. might have to do a redesign. its cheap to get stickers made in africa

SyncroJuancho

very nice pics! i actually bough two pajevos two months ago, i am absolutely in love with the car. I saw u replaced the radio, there is a group in facebook in which i know there were people looking for the original one in casi you feel like selling it

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
No new mods to report except more km's! She's been my go-to for the last month, since premium isn't that expensive right now, and I'm currently only driving in to work once a week, instead of every day. As it is I have to get fuel every second trip, since my round trip commute is 160kms. But these tires, as expected, are excellent on all surfaces, esp gravel, where this rig just gets smoother the faster you go.
IMG_20200417_095024.jpg

IMG_20200417_095110.jpg

Never imagined this would be my "commuter". Gives me time to do some mods on my little Land Cruiser 90 while diesel is quite a bit more expensive, but I do miss the range, which is double what this rig can cover per tank. Not complaining though, because this one is measured in "smiles per gallon" and you can't put a price on that.

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
I actually got to do something on this rig for a change! Not a big thing, but something. I recently got a Canadian military trailer, and the RTT will live on a rack on top. My Landcruiser 90 will be mostly the one towing it, but on occasion, the Pajevo would like to do some hauling, right? So first thing it needed was a flat four wiring harness. Let's get on it!

IMG_20200726_192544.jpg

Okay, clearly we're getting no help from her. (This is Geisha, my younger Shiba. My wingman Mitsu passed away in Feb at 15, in case you missed that news. We are still sad, but happy to have GG still with us. She's only 11, so hopefully lots of time with my garage girl yet).

Tail lights need to come out. No t-connector kits available, so I had to hack the tail light harness. Forgive me Mitsu Gods. It was for a good cause.
IMG_20200730_175326.jpg

All that was evident when I was done was this (look closely by the tow loop)
IMG_20200730_185233.jpg

I know. Saddest mod report ever. Yeah well. The mods on this rig are few and far between, so gotta report em all, right? :cool:

Now if I'm gonna tow the M101CDN2 then there is something conspicuously missing from the back end of the Pajevo. So that'll be the next addition. It will be of the NATO pattern pintle variety, which should hopefully clear that fancy aero bumper?

Last edited:

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
So in the interest of keeping this up to date, my signature might indicate the shocking route I took last fall... I sold my dream truck, to buy another dream truck. I'll always miss this one, but it's fun to experience more than one dream, right? Here is the ode I wrote to my Pajero Evolution:

• Sad
Reactions: plh

Cruisn

Adventurer
So in the interest of keeping this up to date, my signature might indicate the shocking route I took last fall... I sold my dream truck, to buy another dream truck. I'll always miss this one, but it's fun to experience more than one dream, right? Here is the ode I wrote to my Pajero Evolution:

I sold my smooth riding car for a back breaker... LOL.
still a pimp rig, the new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles