1997 Lexus LX450 Lifted, Locked, and well built in SoCal - SOLD!

orionkhan

Adventurer
1997 Lexus LX450 Locked & Lifted in SoCal
I purchased this rig from a Mud member about 4 years ago. He only had it for about a month and then had to sell due to a hardship situation. He had purchased it from a Mudder in Texas. This is a great rig. We used it for expedition type camping. No hard core wheeling. Passes California smog testing with no issues. Quite frankly it's over built for our usage. I'm selling to switch platforms to a full size pickup truck.

Asking $SOLD!
Current mileage is 165,358
Located in Riverside, California (92508)

Recent maintenance:
Power steering pump replaced
Valve cover gasket replaced
Oil and filter
Rear U-Joint replaced
Front end alignment done

Here are more details. Most coming from the previous owners:

Champagne exterior with tan leather interior and third row seating. Great daily driver or off road explorer. Towing package with electric brake controller, round 7 pin RV plug and flat 4 wire trailer plug. No rust. This Cruiser has spent it's whole life in either SoCal or Texas. The red dirt under the truck and on the exhaust system is from Barnwell Mountain OHV Park in East Texas. No, it's not rust. Just ask anyone that's wheel there about the dirt and they'll vouch for how difficult it is to remove.

ARB Bull Bar with Warn XD9000 Winch (painted to match)

Kaymar Rear Tow Bumper with LED Stop and Turn Lights (painted to match). Custom built rear tire swing out.

Factory Electric Lockers

Factory Center Diff Lock Button

Dual Optima Yellow Top Batteries with Painless Wiring kit

JDM Electric Condenser Fan with dash switch

Modified factory tire carrier to allow for 1.5 inches of additional - clearance under spare

Solid Rock Off Road Sliders with CAT Protection and kickout to keep the tree's and rocks away from the rear flares.

Slee T-Case Skid Plate

Slee Heavy Duty Rear Control Arms

Man-a-Fre Front and Rear Adjustable Panhard Rods

Slee Extended Rear Swaybar Brackets

Slee Front Swaybar Blocks

Slee Poly Castor Correction Bushings

Front and Rear Heavy Duty Sway Bars from Man-a-Fre

Stainless Steel Extended Brake Lines

Extended Diff Breathers

LED Interior Lights

LED Marker Lights

Aircraft Map lights above third row seating

Piaa and Hella Auxiliary lights with Toyota Factory Switches

Two additional power sockets with fuse block installed in rear of cargo area. Always hot - tied directly to 2nd battery

Additional power sockets in passenger foot well. Always hot - tied to second battery via under hood fuse box.

Replaced stock stereo with a JVC DVD player head unit and Kenwood amp. Replaced all factory door speakers with Polk Audio speakers

Cobra CB installed in the ashtray slot. Custom rear antenna mount (made by a Mud member). Firestik antenna included.

Jaos Front Skid Plate

DiamondRax ¾ platform roof rack. Factory roof rack is stored in my garage and is in perfect shape.

Depo headlight conversion

Raingler 80 series cargo barrier net

315/75/16 Pro Comp MT's have at least 50% tread remaining. (The spare is worn however).

Service Performed and Parts Replaced by PO.

I DO have a complete service history notebook that is about two inches thick. The first owner spared no expense when servicing this truck and used Lexus of Glendale for most of his needs.
I do see in the service history that Lexus replaced the transmission at 78K miles. The owner complained of "noise" but they were unable to duplicate the issue and replaced the transmission with a Lexus unit. Go figure. I have retained all other receipts during my ownership.

The PO did a complete tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor and all filters and belts. He used only Mobil1 or Amsoil synthetics in the engine, transmission, transfer case and differentials. He replaced and I have receipts (mainly from CDan at American Toyota) for:
Alternator
Radiator
All Cooling Hoses
Water Pump
Thermostat
Fan shroud
Starter
Wheel bearings and seals
Complete Front Axle - Birf Job was performed last summer (15K miles maybe)
Most vacuum hoses
PHH (Yes, that pesky heater hose was replaced in the last 10K miles)
Both O2 sensors
New rear hatch and hood struts
Front Rotors and pads
Rear Rotors and pads
All Tie Rod Ends Replaced
Dozens of other little items that I can't currently recall but are in the service history.

No, the head gasket has not been replaced and it is not leaking.

There are some scuffs and scratches here and there on the bumpers. Besides the scratches or ********es, the paint is in excellent condition and gets waxed/polished twice a year. The interior is in good shape but the driver’s seat shows signs of wear and if I were to keep the vehicle, I'd probably replace the driver’s seat foam and leather.

The only items that aren't functioning at 100% are: Drivers side rear door window will roll down but takes a very long time to roll up without help. It will only roll up in one inch increments if you don't assist it. The other item that needs attention is the Passenger side rear door will sometimes require pushing the unlock or lock button twice to unlock the door. You can see the unlock lever on the door move halfway on the first attempt. The second will finish the operation.

I'm going to post new pics this weekend.

There are links to pics in this thread http://forum.ih8mud.com/fj80-fzj80-lx450-hdj81/782695-1997-lexus-lx450-locked-lifted-socal.html prior to the larger tires, roof rack, swing out, and headlight conversion.

If your interested PM, call (951)789-2895 or email at wade_lee@yahoo.com

IMG_0788.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior