1997 Land Cruiser 40th Anniversary Edition

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
That doesn't bode well for me. I have been toying with the idea of selling mine. It's in similar shape and mileage (but '95 and locked). I was hoping I could get about 8K. I have several extras this one doesn't (OME stock height, knuckles done, cargo drawers, 285 Silent Armors), but don't really think that makes a huge difference in resale.

I guess I'll just have to keep mine forever.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Marc, don't be too discouraged. I think those modest mods to add some value to the right buyer and if either vehicle were here in the West, I think they would be $8-10k asking prices.

Sedonut

Adventurer
It's a bad time of year to sell therefore prices are a bit lower. Everyone's tapped from Christmas. On the other hand it is a good time to buy.

PNW/TRD Steve

The lockers will absolutly add value to the right buyer. The other features should also be of value to the same. I did a lot of research when I purchased my LX450.
It might take a little time, but you should be able to sell for an acceptable amount. Has the head gasket been replaced, have you done the phh fix, are the lockers working correctly? Important selling points for any 80 series fan.
Good luck with sale.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

1morebike

Adventurer
i sold my 80 a few months back. it was 95 locked with 207,000 on it. new cooper st tires, winch arb up front duel batteries and whole host of other crap. the problem was the lockers were not exercised in the last year so they were stuck and it was from the midwest so there was some rust under it...i got $3,500 for it and would have got more if i drove it back to the midwest. i feel lucky with $3,500 i think people are getting crazy with the 80 prices these days.

Mako1114

Adventurer
I live 10 minutes away from vehicles location and per the owners response it has already sold, unfortunately not to me.

Cheers

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
The lockers will absolutly add value to the right buyer. The other features should also be of value to the same. I did a lot of research when I purchased my LX450.
It might take a little time, but you should be able to sell for an acceptable amount. Has the head gasket been replaced, have you done the phh fix, are the lockers working correctly?

I agree with the comment about the right buyer, but that really limits your market. My 80 has been maintained like a 'Mudder's dream (PHH, starter contacts, no HG but clean bill from Blackstone, 100 series brakes, upgraded headlights, CDL, blah, blah). Kurt and CDan have several of my paychecks! And while somebody on IH8MUD can appreciate that , they also tend to look for bargains. Your average Craigslist buyer doesn't know what a PHH is. He's looking for a clean looking LC and can't appreciate how expensive proper maintenance is.

I didn't mean to sound like too much of a whiner. I'm really not all that close to selling - I just can't help but think how much more practical an Outback would be. With two small kids, I realize the 80 is WAY more capable than I need right now. But it is also paid for and good for another 100K. Besides, my 8 year old will need to drive something in a few years.

1morebike

Adventurer
I agree with the comment about the right buyer, but that really limits your market. My 80 has been maintained like a 'Mudder's dream (PHH, starter contacts, no HG but clean bill from Blackstone, 100 series brakes, upgraded headlights, CDL, blah, blah). Kurt and CDan have several of my paychecks! And while somebody on IH8MUD can appreciate that , they also tend to look for bargains. Your average Craigslist buyer doesn't know what a PHH is. He's looking for a clean looking LC and can't appreciate how expensive proper maintenance is.

I didn't mean to sound like too much of a whiner. I'm really not all that close to selling - I just can't help but think how much more practical an Outback would be. With two small kids, I realize the 80 is WAY more capable than I need right now. But it is also paid for and good for another 100K. Besides, my 8 year old will need to drive something in a few years.

the gas milage is what did me in. i wanted to take it on trips but the gas milage is x3 what my wives tdi does... i sure as hell missed it last weekend as were putting the chains on the tdi up on mt rainer.

PNW/TRD Steve

Had I had the space, I would have kept mine. Mine (built) was 10mpg. Replaced it with a 2012 Tacoma.

We have a 2006 Outback with the 6cyl. This has been used on most trips and some backroads (just stay out of the ruts and mud).

I miss not having to be too concerned about an old Landcruiser but the gas milage kept me from driving to trails in the first place.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior