1997 International School Bus - Teton County maintained - DT466E - 6 spd MANUAL TRANSMISSION

LiamO86

FOR SALE! A blank canvas for your next great idea and loads of fun. A 1997 International School Bus that was recently taken out of service by Teton County, ID and is up for grabs. This would be a great rig for a variety of options, whether a camper conversion, short term rental conversion, hot shot runner, flat bed conversion or simply a ************ daily driver. Teton County, ID maintained and comes with 2 sets of keys and a 2" stack of service records including the original certificate of origin since day one.
Details:
- 1997 Thomas International School Bus - 71 passenger, sitting 3 to a seat - VIN: 1HVBBAP5VH474226

- Bullet proof DT466E diesel motor with 276k well maintained miles. This bus drives great, shifts smooth and will do 70mph without issue.

- 6 speed manual transmission. Low gear + 5. - Insulated and sound deadener in the roof which helps with climate and sound control.

- All lights, switches, fans, heat operations and buttons are operable, both interior and exterior.

- Hydraulic brake system. DOES NOT require CDL if used for personal use or air brake certification to drive. Anyone with a license can drive.

- Tires have plenty of tread and traction and are siped for winter and wet conditions. Set of chains also included.

- 60 gallon fuel tank

- Block heater plug in for ultra cold starts

Feel free to reach out with any questions or if you'd like to come check it out. Bus is located in Driggs, ID.

$9,250

Liamoneill86@gmail.com or 781-603-9997

Check out walk around video and photos below:

1997_International_School_bus-0601.jpg
1997_International_School_bus-0637.jpg
1997_International_School_bus-0603.jpg
1997_International_School_bus-0627.jpg
1997_International_School_bus-0612.jpg

buellconvert

I've driven and used these same type of buses here in North Carolina for hauling sweet potato harvests and I have been absolutely amazed at their ability to go places that they had no business ever going! We surgically removed the rear structure from right behind the drivers seat and made them into a flatbed to haul large crates of sweet potatoes. I've had them in deep sand, deep rutted mud and everything in between and I've only been stuck once that needed help from a tractor. These are fantastic vehicles and I wouldn't be afraid to turn one into a tiny-house on wheels and take it anywhere! Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 9101

I've driven and used these same type of buses here in North Carolina for hauling sweet potato harvests and I have been absolutely amazed at their ability to go places that they had no business ever going! We surgically removed the rear structure from right behind the drivers seat and made them into a flatbed to haul large crates of sweet potatoes. I've had them in deep sand, deep rutted mud and everything in between and I've only been stuck once that needed help from a tractor. These are fantastic vehicles and I wouldn't be afraid to turn one into a tiny-house on wheels and take it anywhere! Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

My brother runs them in the groves down here... They can take an amazing amount of abuse on a daily basis.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I'm absolutely in love. Not quite there yet in my career to take this on, but in a few more years. Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles