1997 G320 Questions

Mirage08

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, but will likely be around for a while, haha. I'm currently about to buy a 1997 G320 w/ 63k miles at the moment. It's a Europa. I've done the research and it seems the 3.2L M104 is pretty rock solid. Before I pull the trigger on one is there anything specific I should be on the lookout for? I did a test drive a couple of times and the problems so far are:
  • AC doesn't blow cold.
  • Some water damage on the headliner secondary to a leaky moonroof seal (now replaced)
  • Whenever the car stops into park I notice a small drop of gas (and smell of gas) under the rear(?) it doesn't keep dripping, which leads me to think it's only dripping when the fuel pump is on?
  • Check engine light on -- seems hard to avoid.
I haven't been able to test the lockers yet, but I've been informed they work. I do plan on testing them before I buy it, however. The car is otherwise surprisingly clean given 1997, but I suppose it's fair for 63k miles. Price is $44k which seems on the high side, but for a Europa (I live in CA) it seems fair? I took it out and it drives like a dream. Handled well on the highway, no weird creeks or od sounds. Only alarming thing was the smell of gas when I would park.

Anything else specifically I should look out for on it?

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
I'd strongly recommend moseying on over to clubgwagen.com where you will find an active community of pre-MBUSA G owners. Even though some of us are on both forums, the other one gets more traffic than this sub-forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles