1997 ambulance build

Ambulance_vet

Whats up, wanted to throw this build out there, possibly to help other folks working on something like this and to get feedback in the process. It’s a 97 power stroke e-350 ambulance SRW. I’m going to swap a Dana 60 in the front and build all the brackets and leaf springs myself, And will be documenting it along the way. We’re getting ready to put flooring in it and utilize some of the cabinets in the box but also build some of our own for what we need. I’ll post pics soon

Ambulance_vet

The flooring in it was a thick linoleum, but pealed right out, and it ended up being ply wood underneath. So far we’ve ripped about half of the cabinetry and almost all of the floor. We’re keeping the cabinets we liked that works for our family. We are going with engineered hardwood flooring. Basically fake wood with tongue and and groove makes it easy to work with the space. I’ll add some pictures of The floor soon

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Expect spongy spots in the floor. The OEM foam under it also soaks up water like a sponge. I had to replace almost 1/2 of mine.

I glued down garage floor “checker plate” vinyl from Costco. It’s easy to clean and fairly cheap.

Crank

Any progress on this? I’m actually looking at a SRW E350 similar to this, but the UJoint kit i would want to use is pretty spendy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94