1997 4x4 Ford 7.3 Overland Rig

MattCognac

No affiliation, but a beautiful custom build on this. Pretty unique roof, worth a look. I believe the truck itself is around 220k miles.

1620334854794.png

eporter

Adventurer
That is really unique and would be cool to check out in person.

Re price: “If you’re ready to make an investment message me for all the deets.”

Sounds spendy already!

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I reached out on FB and asked seller for a price.
This was response:

3 Articulating, 160W Renogy solar panels (480W overall).
40 amp Renogy MPPT Charge Controller.
20 amp DC+DC charger. (Truck charges battery bank while driving)
30A RV outlet so you can plug into the grid.
4 lithium ion phosphate, BattleBorn 100Ah batteries.
3000W victron Charger/Inverter.
ESPAR Hydronic D5S diesel heater (5kw fuel pump)
Radiant floor/bed heating with added forced air blower. The hydronic seconds as a on demand/endless hot water heater for the shower system.
7’X9’ triple pane skylight/Roof with integrated curtain system.
23Zero, 270 degree awning.
14” MaxxFan to remove condensation from breathing, cooking, showers, or any odors.
Massive storage lockers on the rear end to hold any gear you need.
15 gallons of auxiliary Diesel for the house and truck.
9 gallon Recirculating shower system. You can get 15 showers before water should be exchanged, and filters cleaned.
30 gallon fresh water tank.
Empava 2 burner 1800w induction stovetop.
Airhead Composting toilet.
Norcold refrigerator/freezer.
LED interior and exterior lights.
5” custom, memory foam bed (nearly queen size)
3” high dense, bench cushions.
Red T&G cedar and Yellow pine interior.
Vinyl flooring.
The Shell is Marine Grade welded aluminum.
2” polyurethane spray foam insulation all the way around, 3” insulation for the floor and bed.
4 corner Jacks to stabilize/level/remove house from the truck.
6 turnbuckles securing the house to the truck.

I have personally spent 1 month OffGrid and away from civilization, before needing to restock provisions.
Its perfect for an adventurous couple with a smaller pet. It can get crowded easily.
The house and truck has been on horrible road conditions from the Alaskan arctic circle all the way through Canadian rockies down to Mexico. I’m confident in its abilities to go just about anywhere.
Ive spent the month of December in Fairbanks Alaska, exterior temp averaged -25 degrees F. And maintained 55 degrees F interior. Heater running 24/7 burns 1gal diesel per day. But in mild climates in the lower 48, you can easily get 2 weeks of heat with 5 gallons. There is no A/C, plenty of airflow with the 3 windows and MaxxFan. (built for Alaska)

The Foundation is a 97’ F-350 7.3L Turbo Diesel with 220k miles.
New 100k/3yr warrantied Jasper Transmission with 10k miles on it.
New High pressure fuel pump.
New front ball joints.
New oil cooler gaskets
Freshly cleaned radiator, coolant/heating system.
All maintenance done has receipts
Cooper discoverer STT pro tires with 10k miles on them.
Iron cross Front bumper.
New 12,000 LB Warn Winch with synthetic Line.
New 16,000 LB rear tow package
The Rear Chassis have been re-enforced with boxed steel.
Rear suspension has been improved to Heavy Duty, Dully leaf springs.

The truck Runs like a top. I’ve always kept up on maintenance. It leaks oil, just like every 7.3 out in the world, so you have to add to it at least every 1000 miles.
It Will need new glow plugs before winter.
If you know anything about these trucks, they are Bullet Proof (if maintained properly you can expect +500k miles). it can easily be modified to get better performance and fuel economy. For instance Hydra tuner, 3” down pipe, RiffRaff air filter, and New fuel injectors would take this truck to a whole other level.
As of now it does just fine. I average 11MPG if I don’t exceed 65 mph. The house fully loaded with water/food/gear is about 4000 lbs. overall weight of the truck/house is 11,000 and stands 10’1”.

Make an offer. If the price is fair to both parties. This “turn Key” house on wheels is yours. it comes fully “furnished”you would not need to buy pots/pans/cutlery/ all the little stuff. it will be sold, ready to explore. And it comes with all the things you’d need to maintain any components within the house.

Last edited:

nyyankees588

This is a really cool looking setup. That translucent ceiling is amazing... amazing that they've been able to make that work in alaska temps. If the details are accurate, I would venture to say that this could be worth a decent amount of money. Really cool that the camper can be removed (although that rear storage would have to come off). Hell, it could be worth it/plausible to transfer the camper habitat to a different/newer base truck if desired. Bummer that they aren't listing an asking price...

zip

I prefer social distancing.
This is a really cool looking setup. That translucent ceiling is amazing... amazing that they've been able to make that work in alaska temps. If the details are accurate, I would venture to say that this could be worth a decent amount of money. Really cool that the camper can be removed (although that rear storage would have to come off). Hell, it could be worth it/plausible to transfer the camper habitat to a different/newer base truck if desired. Bummer that they aren't listing an asking price...

When I asked about price, he said make an offer.

MattCognac

I just spoke with the guy out of curiosity and to get a price for everyone, here's the reply:

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 9.29.31 AM.png

Do with that what you will. If I wasn't in the middle of three builds right now I'd probably snag it myself. I'd see if he'd be willing to separate out the camper and the truck. The value is definitely in the camper. Good luck! :cool:

Reactions: zip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles