1996 Toyota FZJ80 with 4BD2T diesel swap, locked, expedition ready, Oregon

poseidon

Observer
nice phateon!

pm sent

The Phaeton is an amazing car. The cooled seats are so amazingly awesome. It is actually also for sale right now but I do not have any adds up because it is in the shop to get a new thermostat. Unfortunately the thermostat is UNDER the timing belt so it is also getting a new timing belt and water pump.... I would sell the Phaeton to a Expedition member for a great price when it is done in the shop. It is an 06 with the v8.

Last edited:

poseidon

Observer
Have you fixed the AC yet?

The original AC components from Toyota are still there. The Diesel motor does not have a compressor on it. I also have the original Toyota compressor but it will take some moving around of things and fabing a bracket to make it attach to the pulley.

I have purchased a GX470 so in the bigger picture I fixed the AC issue for my family. ;) But no, I still have not gotten around to getting a compressor installed on this vehicle. With all the wind and rain we have had lately it hasn't been a priority.

poseidon

Observer
I hear all too often "I would love this vehicle but I just cant get it in my state.." I would like to provide a solution to those that are committed.
As an Airstream owner I sometimes watch discussions about a variety of situation including the challenges of permanent RV living. One challenge they often have is where to have a "permanent residence" when you are on the road all the time. You need some place to have your drivers licence, voting, vehicle registration, etc based out of. Many of these RVers use a "permanent residence" that is set up through a professional mail forwarding service. I have also seen LLC registration services that register your LLC and do mail forwarding in states with better asset protection laws (AK, UT...) Several of these agencies exist both for RVers, LLCs looking for good laws, and those interested in states with no income tax(AK, TX, WA...).

An example one such service is:
https://www.myrvmail.com
on their website they state:
""""""""""""""""""
Florida Vehicle Registration
Cost for first time registration of a passenger vehicle in Florida is approximately $413.40. (Fees include transferring title, 1st year registration fee and new license plate.)
We provide your legal physical address.
Annual renewal of vehicle registration is from $55 to $72 per year-based on vehicle weight. Renewal for RV’s is approximately $80 per year. Annual renewals are done via mail.
NO inspections or emissions testing requirement in this county. (No annual trips to Florida are necessary.)
Sales tax may be collected on vehicles purchased within 6 months of registration application. (Documentation of at least 6% sales tax paid on purchase must be provided to avoid being charged.)
If you have previously owned vehicles in Florida and have purchased a Florida license plate that you no longer use, you can save the $225.00 initial registration fee on a passenger vehicle.
""""""""""""""""""
So if you really want this cruiser and are willing to pay $15 a month and do a little paperwork there are solutions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles