1996 Land Rover Discovery

AbnMike

Observer
Finally got around to getting the correct seat trim and installing it. Looks good if I do say so myself.

Attachments

• seats installed 1.jpg
    seats installed 1.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 125
  • seats installed 2.jpg
    seats installed 2.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 115

MBurzon

Photo/Video, Mechanic, Cook, Driver, First Aid
I like your truck - I have a 95 Disco TDI myself. These are awesome, hands-on adventure vehicles that have a tremendous amount of character. Terrific 4WD rigs, I love mine.

MBurzon

Photo/Video, Mechanic, Cook, Driver, First Aid
On number 4 of your known issues, you say that repairing the rear door latch is easy. Can you please tell me what needs to be done here? I have the same issue and I'm sure myself and the future owner would be interested in knowing how to tackle this one. Thanks!

Mburzon. May not be the same issue, but with my old 96 disco, the rear door handle would get gunked up as the way it's designed, it acts as a little hood for dirt that gets kicked up there. You pop off the Land Rover oval on the handle, squirt some degreaser like green clean in there, and re lube. and boom, it works like a charm. Maybe different issue but a common one thats an easy fix.

AbnMike

Observer
On number 4 of your known issues, you say that repairing the rear door latch is easy. Can you please tell me what needs to be done here? I have the same issue and I'm sure myself and the future owner would be interested in knowing how to tackle this one. Thanks!

On mine it’s a worn spring. Unlocks but not enough to release the latch all the way. Turning the key and lifting the handle releases it.

AbnMike

Observer
Damnit - rock hit the windshield and it has a crack across the lower half. Tried to stop it from spreading but no dice. Windshield replacement is cheap - and free if you buy it and throw full coverage on it for the drive home - wink wink.

Family emergency just came up yesterday so I'll be out of pocket for a bit.

AbnMike

Observer
I'm still piddling away on this and other projects - decided to have the windshield replaced myself in case it doesn't sell for what I want out of it.

Bonus - took it for a drive today to keep everything lubed up and had a perfect Long Term Fuel Trim (LTFT) of 0.0% - which means for a 178,000 mile motor it is operating at the absolute perfect air to fuel ratio - (stoichiometry) – 14.7 parts air to 1 part fuel. Not lean, not rich. Perfect.

_ExpeditionMan

Adventurer
I'm still piddling away on this and other projects - decided to have the windshield replaced myself in case it doesn't sell for what I want out of it.

Bonus - took it for a drive today to keep everything lubed up and had a perfect Long Term Fuel Trim (LTFT) of 0.0% - which means for a 178,000 mile motor it is operating at the absolute perfect air to fuel ratio - (stoichiometry) – 14.7 parts air to 1 part fuel. Not lean, not rich. Perfect.

Shot you a PM with a few questions.

AbnMike

Observer
Some photos of the rust prone areas. There's some surface corrosion as with most every vehicle, but you can see there's no rot apparent anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 401

RANGEROVERSURFER

World Class deal at 9K, market seems soft for RRC and Series 1 Discovery's...if we did not already own our own Series 1 Discovery very similar to yours, I would have bought it by now...hands down...seems clean and you obviously care for your RIG!:coffee:

AbnMike

Observer
Yep. I'm not really trying to sell it or update the thread much. It's in the garage. If you're interested in it PM me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles