1996 K1500 Build

djp73

52439365769_5b1210accc_c.jpg

52439365779_1c31b1a90d_b.jpg

djp73

All caught up. Should be able to get in the shop for a few hours to cut and grind off brackets tomorrow.

dbhost

Just binged this thread. GREAT work. Wish I had the time and patience to go step by step through my build. And lucky you for finding a cap that fits properly. I went the other way. Got a cap off of a Silverado 2500 6.5ft box that fits, oddly on my F150... I got it to seal and don't care how it looks so there is that...

djp73

Thanks.
I usually just snap pics when I think of it when working and do a write up that night or the next day.
Cap was definitely a lucky find. It's a little rough but I'll work on sealing it up and fixing the latches once the truck is mobile again.

mekcanix

Camper
Nice work. I like the magnet trick when drilling the axle housing. I used to have those flex stands for gauges, I never had much luck with them. Nothing beats a good mag base for a dial indicator
You have done some really nice work, this truck will be damn near new when your done by the looks of it

djp73

Nice work. I like the magnet trick when drilling the axle housing. I used to have those flex stands for gauges, I never had much luck with them. Nothing beats a good mag base for a dial indicator
You have done some really nice work, this truck will be damn near new when your done by the looks of it

Thanks.
The magnet worked pretty slick. Meant to drill the hole before I finished the gear install.
Solid base on the dial indicator was a huge improvement.
Hoping to keep this truck a long time, getting close to having touched every bolt.

djp73

Went to take the pitman arm off. Expected a fight. Seemed loose so I assumed I wasn't on the nut well. Repositioned myself and got more light. Nut was in fact very loose. Got that off and the pitman arm fell on the floor!

52444251001_6be4be2a27_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online