1996 E150 shock options

KYC

Adventurer
Looking to upgrade my front shocks on my 1996 Ford E150 van 2wd.

I have Bilsteins on them from my lift, but they are a bit too harsh. They seem like they are absorbing nothing. Every bump shakes the van like crazy.

Looking for the softest ride possible.

Looking at King shocks but they don't have anything made for a van. Is there a truck part that is compatible?

What other brands provide a really soft ride?

grampswrx

Observer
Fox shocks, tuned by agile. Give agile offroad or weldtec designs a call. They can even custom valve them for your weight.

Reactions: KYC

Raul

Adventurer
May be your spring rate is too hard.
Lowering the tire pressure may help. See what is the maximum load at max pressure of your tires and adjust it to the actual weight they are carrying. This improved a lot my ride.

PhillySMB

I have Bilsteins on my 98 E250 2WD Sportsmobile and love them (eight years and counting). For the E-vans they make regular and heavy duty versions (for motorhomes, ambulances, etc.). Mine are the regular version and ride great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fork-N-Road

Fox shocks, tuned by agile. Give agile offroad or weldtec designs a call. They can even custom valve them for your weight.

x2!

I have had Bilsteins, brand new Fox shocks, and finally custom valved Fox shocks from Agile and there is no comparison! The Agile tuned shocks greatly improved the ride on and off road.

KYC

Adventurer
May be your spring rate is too hard.
Lowering the tire pressure may help. See what is the maximum load at max pressure of your tires and adjust it to the actual weight they are carrying. This improved a lot my ride.

I've already lowered them to 35 psi from 50 psi.

KYC

Adventurer
x2!

I have had Bilsteins, brand new Fox shocks, and finally custom valved Fox shocks from Agile and there is no comparison! The Agile tuned shocks greatly improved the ride on and off road.

What was the difference on washboard roads between the Bilsteins and Agile Shocks?

Right now I'm getting so much vibration, its literally unbelievable. Feels like the van is on a vibration platform.

Fork-N-Road

Right now I'm getting so much vibration, its literally unbelievable. Feels like the van is on a vibration platform.

I wonder if you have some other issue with your van that is causing the vibration? Have you checked tire balance, etc?

Who's lift kit do you have?

Are you running 35psi on the street? If so, that sounds pretty low. I run 55 in the front and 60 in the rear, unless airing down for off roading.

KYC

Adventurer
I wonder if you have some other issue with your van that is causing the vibration? Have you checked tire balance, etc?

Who's lift kit do you have?

Are you running 35psi on the street? If so, that sounds pretty low. I run 55 in the front and 60 in the rear, unless airing down for off roading.

Sorry when I say vibration, I mean only when going over bumps. The whole van shakes violently.

Otherwise it drives smooth.

Toyaddict

I've had KYB shocks in on my e-250 and e-350. I've been pleased with the ride but it's definitely not great on washboard roads. The best my e-250 ever rode was fully loaded as a work van.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles