1995 Tiger CX - Chevy C2500.....Tiger #2...soon to be complete remodel & update.

wheelie

Wheelie
All,

I Entered into a little trade with a EP member.

I delivered my Jumping Jack pop up and took a partial trade on a 1995 Tiger CX, Chevy 2500, Gasser 5.7, Auto. 2WD.

Plan is for a complete External & Internal refresh/restoration. There is NO rust anywhere, so It might just be a full paint and interior update.

No idea what the final plan might be, I have my Cummins 1st Gen Tiger that is wonderful and survived its 1st major trip perfectly
(5200mi and 18 days) with NO issues and great mileage.

feel free to give me a few ideas on what I should do to it.

So far the best plan would be to restore it to the factory interior using a complete very high quality lightweight (actual) marine grade plywood for the paneling and cabinets using hardwoods and or Okoume, Mahogany............a friend is a distributor.

Full wet room, vinyl flooring, decent solar, Complete 12v off grid set-up with a Honda EU hidden for emergency, 440Wh+, modern stereo, bluetooth, Back-up camera, sound deadening.......and much more.

TigressLover

Hi Wheelie in Excelsior --

Do consider attending the upcoming Tiger Rally in Colorado, and do consider joining the Tiger Owners forum. Both, especially the rally, is extremely useful and informative. Last year there were 36 Tigers in attendance, the biggest rally to date.

Expedition Portal blocks the posting of links, so for the link to the Tiger Rally info go here: tigerowners[dot]freeforums[dot]org[slash]2016-tiger-rally-f246.html
and the Tiger Owners Forum is here: TigerOwners[dot]freeforums[dot]org

I am the proud owner of a Tigress. Mine is a 1992 Tiger CX, Chevy 2500, Gasser 5.7, Auto. 4WD. It is interesting to see from your photo what my original "house" door looked like. For some reason mine was replaced by one of its 3 previous owners.

wheelie

Wheelie
#2 is coming along quite nicely.............

I purchased a rust free one owner 1998 HD2500 Chevy reg cab long bed 4x4 for the donor rig, I am picking it up next week.
I will be switching chassis in a few weeks.

I have been stockpiling parts galore!

I removed all the decals and am prepping the coach for a respray in white, I reglazed/rebuilt all the window seals.

The entire coach will be spray foamed in the next two weeks, after I get additional and spare wiring run for every utility.
Everything sealed in foam, I figured it would be smart to run extra wiring in case of a problem or wiring issue.

The Cabinetry is going to be a combo of 1" square aluminum framework and 4mm Marine grade plywood......real marine grade, with sound deadening as well.

The Bathroom will not be walled off like the factory Tiger CX, I will have a folding wall that will enclose the shower base and toilet when not needed. When camped I will flip up the wall and use either a sliding curtain or a sliding wall.....not sure, still designing this idea. The problem with it is the bathroom sink will be in the open or folded below with the moving wall.

The bathroom will remain a wet room as it's so nice to be able to take a warm shower anytime.

I will get more pics in a few weeks when there is more progress.

wheelie

Wheelie
Picked up my donor truck.

Now to figure out the cab & chassis swap.

Made the decision to run the gas drivetrain until the rig is completed.
Then a cummins swap. With a NV4500 5-sp. and high gearing.

I will be prepping the cab, chassis and front clip for sound deadening when the coach swap is done.

e82b20ed54d6fd732cf19f419c014710.jpg

OVRLND

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0017
Hi wheelie,

Any updates?
I would like to hear about the bathroom walls, and the 1" square cabinetry.
After a long(!) delay, I am just about to start work on a Dodge CXT 4x4.

wheelie

Wheelie
Hi wheelie,

Any updates?
I would like to hear about the bathroom walls, and the 1" square cabinetry.
After a long(!) delay, I am just about to start work on a Dodge CXT 4x4.

I have decided to change the project up a bit.
The wife and I purchased a 2nd home in late December of 16, my direct neighbor passed. the family offered the house to us.
I just finished remodeling the house and we moved in.

I am always looking for good donor trucks and since the house project was in full swing ....I found the exact Chevy I always wanted for the next Tiger.
(I currently own two Tiger CX's. 2wd and 4wd) Both 90's Chevy

I bought a 1996 K3500 Crew Cab 4x4, with the NV4500 5sp. and all the HD bits, custom ordered but yet has a 5.7 small block.
will probably get a Cummins swap in the future, but camper first..then swap.

Since the home projects are winding down, I am planning on building all 3 Tigers at the same time. The Crew cab will be for me personally and I will sell the two Reg cabs.

I will open a new thread once I start.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles