1995 Sportsmobile, 2WD Diesel $9000 in Colorado

Not mine, not affiliated, but dang, I hope someone is able to get this:

http://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs/2250731673.html

1995 Ford E350 Camper Van Sportsmobile PreRunner High Top - $9000 (Telluride, CO)
Date: 2011-03-06, 3:12PM MST
Reply to: sale-u5ezr-2250731673@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

You might have seen this van around, its the Base Camp Van. Where I live is not allowing me to park it there anymore, and I simply don't use it, so its best to get rid of it. I've replaced quite a bit over the past year and a half while owning this, and its in great mechanical and physical shape. I have replaced the glow plugs, glow plug relay, fuel bowl heater, fuel pump, water pump, brakes, alternator, tires, 4 new total batteries(2 auto, 2 deep cycle), as well as installed the custom roof rack, ladder, propane furnace, electric furnace, LCD TV, DVD Player, and Microwave. Other amenities in the vehicle are sofa queen bed, kitchenette table that folds down to a twin bed, sink, faucet, water pump, propane tank and regulator, stove top, tons and tons and tons of storage. The engine in the Vehicle is the much sought out 7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel, with a total mileage of around 134k, which is very little in comparison to what these engines usually get before a rebuild(typically around 500k). There are 2 tanks, a 35 gallon and a 55 gallon. The Transmission is a 2wd Automatic, with zero issues. 2 known problems on the vehicle, the screen on the in dash dvd player does not work and the windshield is cracked, both of these problems which total up to less than $1000 have been taken off my asking price of $10,000. I have a Clean title in hand. There is zero rust on the vehicle, and I can and will take off the company logo. The price is $9000, may trade for the right TJ Jeep, but nothing else. The Vehicle is at Montrose Ford getting serviced at the moment, so you can visually inspect it there, I will post interior pics and can schedule a test drive when I go pick up the vehicle within this next week. The vehicle does not come with the tailgate cargo tray or the Thule box. This is a great deal on the ultimate expedition vehicle. Wanting to turn it into 4wd, check out ujointoffroad.com for a kit.

BaseCamp

Observer
This is my van, would be great to get someone on the expo to purchase this vehicle, I am heading today to pick up the vehicle at Montrose Ford where they have installed the fuel pump, fuel bowl heater, and checked everything else. I will post more detailed pictures of the vehicle when I get back home. I have recieved over 20 emails since posting this 12 hours ago, so I imagine it will go fast.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Sent PM and a couple of emails

Sent you a couple of emails (Craigslist and via Expo).

Thanks
Bevan

BaseCamp

Observer
I have quite a few people that have emailed me, that have received a bunch of pictures and more details. Someone from this group will probably get it I imagine, but I did update the craigslist ad with a few pics, as well as can tell you what exactly was done at the dealership. They did a full diagnostics on the vehicle, and found the fuel bowl heater and fuel pump was in fact shot, they replaced both while also replacing fuel lines, fuel filters, and so forth, I have the receipt from that and every other maintenance that I have done to the vehicle. While there they also replaced a brake line with a few other things done to the brakes as well, sprucing it up if you will. I drove it back from montrose to telluride and the van drove great, 75 miles of mountainous roads. I would say that the steering was a little loose and could use an overhaul down the road, but should be of no concern at the moment, especially since most people are eyeing this van up as a ujoint project. Also I realized the vehicle stands at 141k miles, my initial number of 134k was an estimate while the vehicle was at the dealership. Vehicle still stands at $9000, and I won't haggle on the price seeing that there a ton of people that are interested.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Congrats! I knew this wouldn't last long.
I was one (of the many) that emailed you. But I decided to focus on one project for now. At least that's what I keep telling myself...
:sombrero:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I'm flaking out on this one. And it hurts

OK I am the flake that was the "Sale Pending" but I have to pass it up. It does not have anything to do with concerns about the vehicle or the seller. The seller has been very forthcoming with photos and details and I wish him all the best with the sale. I still believe this is excellent value for money.

But the bloody HOA just gave me a notice about the poptop Sportsmobile in the driveway so this one would have no hope of getting under the radar and one of my reasons for liking B Class vans is not having to fork out for storage and its associated security concerns.

So while I cannot get it I have no problems recommending others take a look for themselves.

BaseCamp

Observer
There is another buyer lined up, no problem with B, I totally understand what he was going through as thats the exact reason I have to get rid of it. If this next one falls through for whatever reason, I will let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94