1995 D90 $6400

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
DaveInDenver said:
A D90 with 62,000 miles. Yeah, thinking he meant to have a third zero.
That would be way high. Yellow D90 that my buddy has he says they are bringing about $34k in the shape of the one in that ad. So the guy is either grabbing at straws trying to find a chump or doesn't know what he has.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Grim Reaper said:
That would be way high. Yellow D90 that my buddy has he says they are bringing about $34k in the shape of the one in that ad. So the guy is either grabbing at straws trying to find a chump or doesn't know what he has.
Yup, typically they sell here in the $30~$40,000 range, although I did see one with $50,000 in the window on the dealer's lot. In any case, I'd guess it for sure ain't supposed to be $6,400.

goofiefoot

Adventurer
I would be willing to put money on if you email this guy, he would ask for a shipping address to send the vehicle so that you could spend 5 days deciding whether or not you want it. After that time you would send money electronically. If you ask where it is actually located and if you can come actually drive it, he will tell you he works for the gov't or something and cannot get away to deal with selling his pride and joy.

Or something like that...

Seems to be the trend on craigslist anyway. :(

Blair G

Adventurer
I emailed the ad asking the location and price. I know its a scam and have a scammers email regarding an unfortunate doctors death in Nigeria that will be sent as a response. They will make a lot of money if they help. Die scammers

Blair G

Adventurer
Blair G said:
I emailed the ad asking the location and price. I know its a scam and have a scammers email regarding an unfortunate doctors death in Nigeria that will be sent as a response. They will make a lot of money if they help. Die scammers

In todays mail..

Hello,
First of all i want to thank you for your interest in my 1995 Land Rover Defender . I want you to know that everything about this car runs perfectly. If you are interested in buying,
the price is $ 6,400. You will receive along with the car all papers and receipts that you need to register it in your name, including the bill of sale signed by me. The transaction will be done through eBay for our own protection, no money in advance to me. I am registered with their secure trader department and they will handle the trade. Your funds will be 100%
insured by Ebay until you will receive and inspect the car , and I will be sure that I will receive the payment. If you have any questions at all, please let me know and I will be more than willing to help you out! If you would like to go ahead with an order right away contact me thru e-mail and i will let you know more about the transaction.

Thank you !

gary in ohio

Explorer
We should have some fun with him, Everyone send email wanting it and stringing him along then all back out at the same time.

Last edited:

Blair G

Adventurer
Blair G said:
In todays mail..

Hello,
First of all i want to thank you for your interest in my 1995 Land Rover Defender . I want you to know that everything about this car runs perfectly. If you are interested in buying,
the price is $ 6,400. You will receive along with the car all papers and receipts that you need to register it in your name, including the bill of sale signed by me. The transaction will be done through eBay for our own protection, no money in advance to me. I am registered with their secure trader department and they will handle the trade. Your funds will be 100%
insured by Ebay until you will receive and inspect the car , and I will be sure that I will receive the payment. If you have any questions at all, please let me know and I will be more than willing to help you out! If you would like to go ahead with an order right away contact me thru e-mail and i will let you know more about the transaction.

Thank you !

Latest email.....
Hello again,
I'm glad you're interested in my car. As I already said in my first email the car is currently located in Portugal. I can have it shipped from here by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any additional shipping costs. Also I can arrange for a truck to transport the car to your home address or, if you like, you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. The shipping will take up to 10 days, depending on your location.
The car will arrive with all the papers and documents required for registration and the keys. The clear title and the bill of sale will be already signed by me.
The final price you will have to pay is $6,400. The payment will be done through eBay. They will act as a third party in this transaction. You will send the money to eBay and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car, you will receive it and will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork. During all this time eBay will hold the money. If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.
Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.
If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.
I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible. Also, feel free to ask me any question you may have.
Thank you,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier