1995 4x4 E350 Mini-mod ambulance

cjken

Explorer
I got another truck recently do I am listing my 4x4 mini-mod.
I’ll update details and pictures at some point. I am actually traveling with it until mid July.
I got it 7years ago with about 40k miles. It just turned 82k.
7.3 PSD
Quigley 4x4.
I am asking 20k
It is not perfect, but it is a solid base for a build out.
Runs great has been really reliable. I believe that I took care of any potential issues.
I k ow the truck really well now, I’m moving onto the unknown with my new truck, but I’ll learn.
342598af76b264901865c4f5ae156092.jpg

cjken

Explorer
Minimods are cool!!

Yes, I am really going to hate letting this go, but my new project is going to be costly to get it where I want it.

I purposely went with the narrow box on this one because it can go anywhere my old E250 Quigley could go. I’m hoping I can get away with taking my new one to places that I am used to going.

I promise to add details and pictures to this thread.
I’m away and don’t have the best internet so I am trying to work off my phone.

cjken

Explorer
Thank you everyone who has reached out about my truck.
I am sorry that I could not answer all of your questions/requests. I guess i posted a bit prematurely since I am away and not able to respond to all the messages that I got.
I'm going to update with some details below.
Just sort of brainstorming and adding info that I remember.
I will also post any pictures that I have access to and try to take some more.

Details:
95 E350
7.3 PSD
82k miles
138” wheelbase
Mini-mod Box
Approx” 12 feet long, 7 feet wide, interior height about 5’7 (estimates)
Started life as a wide box dually. I bought the cab and chassis from someone who purchased the whole unit and used box for his fire Dept.
I had 2 2wd mini-mods
Took the box from my 1995 2wd truck and put on 4wd cab and chassis.
Total height about 8’6

35” BFG AT tires R17
Ran 37’s for a while, but changed due to road noise
Agile off road RIP kit with Fox Shocks installed by Ramsey
Red head Steering box
Pro Rock 60 Ball Joints
Fresh front ujoints
New fuel pump and fuel bowl
Tranny rebuilt/beefed up about 2 yrs ago
Custom Swing out tire carrier
Trailer hitch
Trailer brake controller
Onan generator mounts underneath, not installed
(I got generator used, runs but I never got it running right so did not use)
Fleet power inverter
2 starting batteries
2 house batteries (All batteries replaced recently. Starting batteries about 1yr House batteries a few weeks ago)
Did the water pump at one point think I replaced the clutch fan at the same time.
Deleted EVAP pedestal. Flap is still in turbo, just wired it open. It can be deleted as well. I did not think it being there open had a big effect on flow. Turbo spools up really nicely.
New rubber boots on turbo and intake.
6 position TS chip.
Advantage optics Headlights
All lights set up as floods some LED some still old school halogen.
MaxAir Fan
Roof racks and tie downs on top of box.
I carry windsurf/surf/kite gear on top
Rear ac deleted
Plug in window unit in spare tire box.
Works well but honestly I wish I mounted higher. It is under the bed platform so I use a fan to distribute air through box.

Bed folds down so I can still carry stuff in back.
Not really built out like a camper just basics. Storage on left side

Problems I have had
3 times on flatbed
  1. IDM (replaced and now I always carry a spare) (also carry a CPS sensor. I have been told it can be a problem but never had it)
  2. Front wheel bering failure (replaced and inspected/lubed regularly)
  3. Tranny Fail( Lost reverse) (Rebuild/Supposedly beefed up less than 2 yrs ago)

Things to address:
Paint (Was wrapped for business, Unwrapped recently. Some paint peeled when unwrapping. Was going to paint grey, but since selling makes sense to let the next person do it how they want.)

I was thinking about doing rear springs, Look a bit tired, but it rides great so decided if it ain't broke don’t fix!

Always wanted to drop tank drain and clean, never got to it has never caused me problems.

I did the driver's side front brake line last year. Was leaking. I have stuff to do pas side, never got to it.

Has always had a very slight oil leak. Never been a problem so I never addressed it. Actually thought it got worse this spring, but turned out to be leaky fuel pump. Replaced both pump and fuel bowl with new units.

Front Fenders. I over cut them for when I had 37’s. Ideally would be replaced. I was going to do the wider Fiberglass ones, but shipping was ridiculous so just left as is.

Wanted to add solar to roof, but never did.

Its been in NE for the last 7 yrs some surface rust on frame developing. Ill add some underside pictures so you can see and assess.

Ill try to add anything that I think of and can try to answer any questions asked in this thread.

Last edited:

cjken

Explorer
Just returned from my trip.

If anyone wants to arrange a visit to check out the truck let me know.
Sorry that I was not very responsive to all inquiries. I just did not have the time while I was away.

I also updated the AC system.
New compressor, receiver/dryer, condenser, and orifice tube.
Cab air is ice cold now.

22cee2d4234709cf5803aa5459c74e56.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior