1994 Trooper question.

corbin8or

Adventurer
does anyone know if an automatic tranny could be installed in a 94 trooper that is a 5 speed right now? would I have to do CP too? I need a second vehicle and have a good deal in front of me... but I need automatic.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Do a search and post the question over on Planetisuzoo.com. There have been people going from auto to 5-speed, so I don't see why not. You would need pedal assembly, TCU, transmission and transfer case (T-case/transmission on the manuals are a combined unit. I'm guessing you are probably looking at about $3,000, so it may be worth just buying one with an auto to begin with.

Maybe a better way to go is to see if you can find someone on Planetisuzoo with an auto and wants to swap to a 5-speed, and just trade parts. I think all parts in question are compatible with any second gen Trooper or Vehicross.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
It's doable, but as Bill said, it'll be costly and a lot of work. For about $3K you can get an auto Trooper from about '96 up. Might br a better option for you, Corbin.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
One thing I didn't consider, is when you are done, you can probably sell everything you take off the 5-speed Trooper as a complete "upgrade" package for anyone with an auto Trooper who would rather have a 5-speed, and that is most of them. I bet you could easily get $2k for that, so the costs would be somewhat defrayed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke