1994 Suzuki Jimny light build

Ray_G

Explorer
I owe an update. Work has been work, and quite frankly once we set the truck up we've just been using it so the mods kinda came to a halt. That said there is some stuff to highlight on the interior and such. More to follow.
r-
Ray

Ray_G

Explorer
A few minor updates, but first a pic of her out doing her thing. In this case, beach day.
c7ebc6ccf25203386bb765292d5aebdc.jpg

Ray_G

Explorer
We added a panel to the back door. I’d thought first about doing a hard MOLLE panel but with the way the door angles when open it just didn’t look right in mockup. So we went with a soft panel, used rivnuts, and now have some utility pouches on the back. Retention holds straps (mostly roller cams), sustainment is stuff for road side snacking (sporks, chop sticks, condiments, etc), and air is the hose and such for the 12v compressor we have inside the cab. The compressor is just a viair setup for the moment, it is mostly used for blowing up beach stuff.
ce609e8cac74ffffc5a6a524d1830ab1.jpg

Biggest thing on the horizon is a front bumper project, still waiting for all the pieces of that to come together.

Mountainman75

I'm digging the Jimny. Thinking about one is wet get out next posting in central Europe and I don't have to drive the wife around most places. Might be perfect for me and the hounds as a daily for kebab runs.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
We have your twin! 94 convertible.....started it's life on the beach and is now retired in the mountains. Still my favorite run-about 21 years later! Enjoying the build! D9C70994-C555-4AAA-88E2-E7B0D57E9312.jpeg7FD43A2C-4451-4065-8153-65473CD8566E.jpeg18B203CE-B12B-404E-B19D-464D5981FC91.jpeg

Ray_G

Explorer
I'm digging the Jimny. Thinking about one is wet get out next posting in central Europe and I don't have to drive the wife around most places. Might be perfect for me and the hounds as a daily for kebab runs.

I have to say for a local runabout it’s fantastic. The cargo area, with the seat removed, would be good for the pups and the overall size of the truck is great for getting around tight streets and such.

SRN

Adventurer
I have to say for a local runabout it’s fantastic. The cargo area, with the seat removed, would be good for the pups and the overall size of the truck is great for getting around tight streets and such.
My dad always looked for "Samurai Sized" parking. :D

Ray_G

Explorer
Piecing together the front end. Low Range Winch base, Cecco Racing brush guard, Warn Axon 55 for a baby winch, and bumperettes from the stock bumper. Mocked up, will take it all off to paint soon.
25f0d0313ac4ec23b61d805ed30e0a9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray_G

Explorer
Still building? Picking up my 98 JA22W this week. Looking forward to getting started

It hit a point where I’d done most of what I wanted to do right around when the winch went on-since then it is has just been working. About to ship it back to the US for eventual duty at our place in West Virginia.

Admittedly part of what stopped the Jimny build was the wife relenting on me getting a Hilux to bring back…so the attached pic ended up occupying a lot of my attention during the tail end of this tour. It too is going back to the US.
37ecb6bb07e5f6f972e436b007d683ff.jpg

a0e0510e579b6cb7ccbbc514bc47d4cd.jpg

korisu56

Adventurer
It hit a point where I’d done most of what I wanted to do right around when the winch went on-since then it is has just been working. About to ship it back to the US for eventual duty at our place in West Virginia.

Admittedly part of what stopped the Jimny build was the wife relenting on me getting a Hilux to bring back…so the attached pic ended up occupying a lot of my attention during the tail end of this tour. It too is going back to the US.
37ecb6bb07e5f6f972e436b007d683ff.jpg

a0e0510e579b6cb7ccbbc514bc47d4cd.jpg
Awesome! Great spot to be in all around. Hah. I finally pulled the trigger on a Jimny to bring back. Appreciate you posting your work.

Ray_G

Explorer
Awesome! Great spot to be in all around. Hah. I finally pulled the trigger on a Jimny to bring back. Appreciate you posting your work.

I think your truck will be a great platform. I love our JA11 but wish we had the coils vice leafs. As you probably have noted the bigger challenge for your platform is engine related, they can be finicky. Still, if I could buy another it would be a JA12 or a 22 like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online