1994 quigley e250 rehab

Ran out of butyl foil tape, but 90% done. I am leaving the edges, outside of the frame width, to do when I get it running again. So I can get the transmission in and fuel tanks installed ASAP, and do the edges at work one day.
I figured out the seat locations so I will do that while it's open underneath. Junk yard finds, another set of black Honda Odyssey seats and removable swivel mounts for the second row. I thought about using the swivels for the front, but the removable mount would be more helpful in the back.
Odyssey "front seats" in the front,
2 tumble seats in second row with removable swivel bases,
2 tumble seats for the third row on the removable base that came in my van
And 4th row will have 2 front odyssey seats on a frame that bolts to the floor

The frame for the 4th row will be simple enough to be left in place as a base for a tool shelf, rack, or bed build options. But most of the time will be removed completely for the open work space.

The reason I'll put the two odyssey "front" seats in the way back is because the standard seat mounting tabs sit a little higher than the tumble seats when the quick release tracks are removed.

I ordered a steering column gauge pod without looking into it much and thankfully it actually fits perfectly.. for what it is. " AutoMeter Gauge Works Steering Column Single 2 1/16 Pod Mount 97-01 Ford F150 " for $45 on ebay. Trucks and the early vans must have the same steering wheel cover because it fits over mine as well as a cheap aftermarket gauge pod should.

Not sure if I will use double sided tape or if there is room for a few screws around the edges as it is designed to sit atop the factory trim piece. But now I can put my Tach generally where I want it.

Under insulation update. I added the ceramic bead insulating stuff to the bedliner but under estimated the amount of bedliner a van floor would take.. so it isn't very thick. Since I was running low on material, I didn't spray any around the steps where the plastic covers go. That area doesn't have the foam board underneath yet either. It shows the difference in bare metal and the under insulation amf bedliner combo. It was a few weeks ago, overnight temp was low 40's and an early morning 20 minute drive to work. .

Front seat area, really close to the motor, unsurprisingly is the worst. I didn't put any bedliner where the dog house gasket seals to the floor. And didn't put foam panels right over the header area. I did add some of the peel and stick heat shield stuff to the metal then the factory fiberglass insulation. You can see the heat getting through there similar to the bare step area.

Temperature reading is of the little green square.

Just behind that in front of the seat the temp is dramatically lower.

And the foot well/step area uninsulated. But not with exhaust as close as the passenger side..

Passenger side foot well and floor

You can see the temperature difference in the brighter (hotter) area is only 2° between these two pictures. Cup holder is the object in the way in the one picture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GAb0s-1ee3eDJpdnABEX5WpPAALtsWEP/view?usp=drivesdk

Back seat, passenger step and floor

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GbHDvSNPEdeYDiwMNb6bH_TSoFPBhZRl/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GL09WPrjES71Yr_dfzJHe0nq67IxNi0E/view?usp=drivesdk

So... it works. Not a debate of if someone "should", or if its the best.. or worst way to insulate. But that they can, if it fits their needs or applications.. long term effects/maintenance/water issues, who knows. Time will tell.

The bedliner install.. train wreck of my activator going bad and getting another kit to run out and barely covering the last bit using the half hardened activator and some clearcoat hardener. Haha ?‍♂

Got most of the odyssey seats installed.. now I need to get seat belts mounted and a bracket for seats 7/8 for occasional use.
The odyssey center console is cool and could be applied to other interior plans by itself. Folds down out of the way and has 4 cup holders ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94