1994 Land cruiser w/ Alucab Pop top conversion- SOLD

Lucidless

ACA59992-0425-454B-86D4-17D123BD387A.jpg

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
sexy.. although, considering ive replaced the drivers side flair on my dually twice, i'm certain those boxes would end up causing catastrophic damage with me wheeling it.

Lucidless

sexy.. although, considering ive replaced the drivers side flair on my dually twice, i'm certain those boxes would end up causing catastrophic damage with me wheeling it.
Yeah, that'd be a pricy fix for this rig hahaha

Im getting like 23/28mpg in 2wd driving around, haven't checked while in 4x4, but guessing its around 19/24mpg loaded 4x4 driving
I question your consumption figures. Imperial gallons? Even so, quite optimistic. I’ve driven HJ75s on 2 Australia trips, with nothing on the roof, at 90-100kph, with H55F 5 speed. Never exceeded 23 miles/US gal. My BJ40 when newish never exceeded 25; although it had 4.11s (std for all J7s also, I suspect) and tiny 28.5” tires and 4 speed.
With that thing on the roof, I doubt even 23 miles/US gallon on highway, let alone 28. Maybe per Imp gal…with a diesel.
BUT THE THING HAS A V8 PETROL ENGINE!!! From a Lexus! And compounding that, an automatic!
I see it’s sold. I’d be interested in consumption figures from the new owner.

Last edited:

Lucidless

Maybe
I question your consumption figures. Imperial gallons? Even so, quite optimistic. I’ve driven HJ75s on 2 Australia trips, with nothing on the roof, at 90-100kph, with H55F 5 speed. Never exceeded 23 miles/US gal. My BJ40 when newish never exceeded 25; although it had 4.11s (std for all J7s also, I suspect) and tiny 28.5” tires and 4 speed.
With that thing on the roof, I doubt even 23 miles/US gallon on highway, let alone 28. Maybe per Imp gal…with a diesel.
BUT THE THING HAS A V8 PETROL ENGINE!!! From a Lexus! And compounding that, an automatic!
I see it’s sold. I’d be interested in consumption figures from the new owner.

maybe difference in MPG lies in the 20% longer overdrive gear, ecu eco and power remapping and the fact that it has nothing inside behind the drivers seats. You can tune the 1 and 3 UZ to be very very efficient engines. They’re very quite too Idling, I’m also pretty sure you’re Aussie trip was different then driving to the surf break or grocery store on tarmac. I actually kinda hope it was has AUS as loads of fun tracks.

when the truck lands in Canada you’re more than welcome to test those numbers. It’s not sold

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles