1994 Land cruiser w/ Alucab Pop top conversion- fire sale $32k

Lucidless

Hello everyone, ($36k)

1994 build year, fully USA importable

So I once again have a very cool build I'm selling, to be completely honest I built this truck to prove to a friend that it could be done and would work perfectly, as we got into a big argument about Alucab stuff not fitting older USA importable prados. So long story short, I bought a rare 1994 Prado and the entire catalog of alucab accessories for the 2008-2022 Land cruiser 76 series and had the guys at Alucab HQ in Cape Town fit it all for me, and long story short, I won the argument because all the products designed for the new 76 also fit direct bolt on to the old prados...

Everything in this build is brand new, its actually still at the alucab HQ here in South Africa, I'm listing it now for sale because I fed my ego and won the argument, and happen to have too many trucks here and am running out of space at my little mountain side grotto.. 6 defenders, 2 land cruisers, 1 air cooled 911 and a Renault Clio v6 rally- all going up for sale if interested (only one defender, this cruiser and the 911 are usa importable)

I was going to list it when its fully complete, but I didn't know if someone wanted to build out the back themselves or have me do it.

I'll update this more when I pick it up Friday from AC, my plan is to have it re-sprayed to its original limited edition color (only 40 cruisers of these were ever made at the plant in South Africa) which is a silver color.

Accessories below

1UZ motor
Jacks 1UZ automatic trans
OME suspension
17" beadlock wheels
33" Maxxis Raar tires
Alucab 76 catalog (photo below of what's incl)
180L long range fuel tank
Upgraded Aisn Locking hubs
F1 Dash monitor
Custom seat covers front and rear- ripstop
custom dash cover- ripstop
aftermarket front bumper w/ 12k winch and cable- all new
Terrafirma HD wheel bearings front and rear

just an FYI before some of you want to take a cut at me. You’ll spend $25k+ on the AC upgrades alone after install costs- add a truck, mechanic upgrade along with interior and it quickly puts you north of $75k to build this in the states. Contact ok4wd, fit garage and mainline overland and get a quote from them to spec build this before you send me a ridiculous offer. You’ll probably choke at the figure you get.

Lots more to come

ah! Also, I am American and use a US bank account that’s in my name. So you wouldn’t be sending funds overseas. Just to WellsFargo

A9403E5E-98F9-4378-8F6D-FCFE8F20C8A2.jpeg
F2A16D88-849F-45B6-BD84-6CAEDA8B433C.jpeg
AD7E194E-AF81-413E-BE98-182E027C1E38.jpeg
EE9076EF-DCDF-42F6-9513-2314ABB40B06.jpeg
23E8A949-6351-48BC-B0DA-92886992AD32.jpeg
02FB4EE6-B7DA-4B7E-8E00-A4C817A886E7.jpeg
21F8027F-86ED-40F5-AACC-D3387D5875EF.jpeg
0E24906C-732A-406B-997A-D1E86AF76F15.jpeg
74C9CAF9-D2E6-4E07-A279-B66F165DEDDE.jpeg

Last edited:

ionyota

Great rig. Gven that the engine has been swapped, isn’t that an automatic knock out for import into the US?

My understanding is that frame and engine have to match exactly how the vehicle rolled off the assembly line (however, engine does not need to be numbers matching).

Lucidless

Great rig. Gven that the engine has been swapped, isn’t that an automatic knock out for import into the US?

My understanding is that frame and engine have to match exactly how the vehicle rolled off the assembly line (however, engine does not need to be numbers matching).
I've never had an issue sending engine swapped trucks to the states. Neither do most bespoke defender/cruiser builders that swap for LS1/3's that people shell out 250,000 pounds for. Just needed to have the engine swap police clearance cert, and have it recorded on registration- prior to be taken off the road of the country its registered to (engine number) and it got though. 1UZ is also a USA EPA registered engine that was offered in older USA spec Lexus's Lexus GS400 LS400 SC400, etc) so its considered a USA EPA conforming engine- non conforming engines can also be imported but on a for track or show basis only.

Last edited:

ionyota

Interesting, that’s definitely not been my experience and conflicts with what I follow related to importing Land Rovers. However, the importation system is not perfect/exact.

Defender importers doing LS swaps are generally having the engine swap done in the US after the restoration work is completed overseas. i.e, Arkonik had a shop (or was using a third party shop?) in Arizona for engine swaps, IIRC.

The Port of Entry might play a role? I read that east coast ports tend to be more restrictive, and perhaps you use a west coast port without issue?

Anyways, back to the truck. Is the second row bench seat removed? If so, can it be reinstalled with the current configuration?

Lucidless

Interesting, that’s definitely not been my experience and conflicts with what I follow related to importing Land Rovers. However, the importation system is not perfect/exact.

Defender importers doing LS swaps are generally having the engine swap done in the US after the restoration work is completed overseas. i.e, Arkonik had a shop (or was using a third party shop?) in Arizona for engine swaps, IIRC.

The Port of Entry might play a role? I read that east coast ports tend to be more restrictive, and perhaps you use a west coast port without issue?

Anyways, back to the truck. Is the second row bench seat removed? If so, can it be reinstalled with the current configuration?
I usually have mine sent to port of Miami or port of tacoma in Washington.. Haven't had an issue yet, had a little hiccup from an engine swapped cruiser (1990 troopy swapped with a 1HDT from original 3F) from AUS but it was because the chassis hadn't been steam cleaned prior to shipping. So the company in charge of import got a USDA fine, because our contract stated they would get that done.

The rear seat was just removed for the top install. It will be put back, so it seats 5. I also have a 1fz-f (original- as in what came in these from factory) engine for it you can buy from me, or I can have installed here.

I think its more difficult with defenders because they are so easily changed and import officials are cracking down on them, you can put a 2015 body on a 1994 chassis with a 2007 (300tdi) motor pretty much direct bolt on and lots just swap the seat plate to the new body which isn't allowed, but when you have all documentation and receipts along with EPA clearance for for an engine swap its a pretty smooth process- so far as the import brokers have told me. I've imported over 15 trucks, more than half had engine swaps to LS3, 1UZ-FE, 1HDT, 300tdi, and OM606-T. But long answer short from what multiple commercial import brokers have told me "if its a USA EPA register engine and its recorded on the title with documents it'll be able to get USA registration"

Last edited:

Lucidless

Updated photos on top listing. Here are more photos. This is it about 50% completed
AAB50735-4704-4DA0-9AF7-E164BA4F52F9.jpeg
0C5D4350-1423-4D35-A4BC-7127B38FE15A.jpeg
135EFB88-8D5E-4285-9FE2-3B01A50BF657.jpeg
4F7AD15A-2C0F-4C7F-A18B-67B693EB81BD.jpeg
DF3100B4-289E-4669-AB13-800655825915.jpeg

Last edited:

Lucidless

Everyone! I have a very important announcement!
*said in anchorman Ron Burgundy’s voice*

we made the front page again, pizza party is on me this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sprock