1993 Range Rover Classic with 300 Tdi

DoKarider16

Observer
I have a Beluga Black 93 LWB with 300Tdi very well maintained. Just getting it ready to sell. Super long list of details. OME 2" lift springs, Bilstein shocks, Lt230, limited slip Tru-Trac diffs front and rear, all wheel bearings and brakes done, front swivel balls rebuilt, recent timing belt, all new coolant hoses, new heater core and heater fan, skid plates, rock sliders, diff guards, aluminum Great Divide front bumper, Columbia Roving rear bumper with custom dual swingout with integrated 2" receiver for bike rack, 5 Goodyear Duratracs on restored 3 spoke Rover wheels, Full length Baja Rack, new heated windshield, front seats redone in Italian leather with new heater elements in them, Kenwood stereo with hands free and iPod interface, top of the line Hertz 3 way speakers. The truck has been built and maintained with long distance reliable travel in mind and it has been one of our favorite vehicles.

The transmission and transfer case were gone through shortly after us purchasing the Classic. The chassis has almost 224,000 miles on it and although almost every part of it has been reworked. Alisport aluminum coolant tank and dual pass intercooler were added. Professionally redone headliner in great shape. Original paint very straight body with some light pinstriping from brush. The tailgate is covered in high density polyethylene (cutting board material) for a great food prep surface. We kept our cooking supplies in the swingout mounted Pelican Box. The small inside Pelican boxes I had set up for my tools. I am keeping my tools but have this extra set of boxes to go with the Rover. I have pretty much all of the interior pieces to return the interior to stock.

Everything in the truck works except the heated windshield and cruise control. I have components needed to reinstall the cruise unit.

There are few Classics left in this condition and with the rarity and drivability of the professionally installed 300 Tdi this Range Rover is a rare chance to own a very useable unique rig. Asking $19500.

Trying to workout getting more pictures to post. The Rover is to be sold without the tent and awning.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 472
  • FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 608
  • FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 497
  • FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 477
  • FullSizeRender 6.jpg
    FullSizeRender 6.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 479
  • FullSizeRender 7.jpg
    FullSizeRender 7.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 452
  • FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

DoKarider16

Observer
Some more pictures:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 9.jpg
    FullSizeRender 9.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 285
  • FullSizeRender 10.jpg
    FullSizeRender 10.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 294
  • FullSizeRender 11.jpg
    FullSizeRender 11.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 270
  • FullSizeRender 12.jpg
    FullSizeRender 12.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 286

DoKarider16

Observer
A few more pictures and the truck is located in South Central WA state in White Salmon.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 12.jpg
    FullSizeRender 12.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 262
  • FullSizeRender 13.jpg
    FullSizeRender 13.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 259
  • FullSizeRender 14.jpg
    FullSizeRender 14.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 255
  • FullSizeRender 15.jpg
    FullSizeRender 15.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 237

DoKarider16

Observer
Doug Shipman at Ship's Mechanical in Portland OR did the conversion. I was told it was actually his personal truck for a while and then he sold it to a friend of mine. There is very little rust. It looks like the passenger side floor had been repaired at one point, but it has held up well. The rear hatch is pretty much perfect. No rust in door corners, some slight surface rust at the lower rear door corner where it meets the slider. The rear cargo floor is in excellent shape and the hood is perfect with no rust at all.

The rear cargo boxes are bolted into factory mounting points and can be removed without leaving any bare holes.

I can shoot some more specific pictures if you would like, let me know what you would to see.

DoKarider16

Observer
Pictures of some of the only rust on rig. The passenger side footwell has been repaired at some point. I will see if I can get a picture of it, but it has not really been an issue. I poked around in these corners with a sharp pick and they seem really solid. Just surface rust.

I will shoot some more from underneath today. The frame rails are excellent and the front shock towers are perfect as well. Most would probably refer to this as a rust free Rover but I want to make sure that you get the truest picture of the condition of the rig.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 17.jpg
    FullSizeRender 17.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 239
  • FullSizeRender 16.jpg
    FullSizeRender 16.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 227

DoKarider16

Observer
It is an amazing rig. I have had a ton of different vehicles and this one has been one of our all time favorites. We moved on to a 4x4 Sprinter for our camping rig and a 06 Range Rover for our "trail" rig. I can't keep this also, but wish I could. It also has a 130 amp Disco 2 Alternator and a high torque diesel starter. The starter was one of the best additions we made. Even at 10 degrees it fires right up.

thanks
Craig

cleansweep

Observer
Interesting motor conversion. How does it perform with the tdi as compared to the original V8 gas engine? Can you cruise at 70-80 without issues?
I ask because I have owned both a stock Range Rover as well as a Defender with a TD5 and have experienced those differences even though the Defender is somewhat lighter than the Range Rover

DoKarider16

Observer
It cruises very comfortably at 70-80 even in hilly terrain. When you get to full on mountain passes it will slow to 50-55 on the steeper sections. Freeway cruising is one of the real forte's of this vehicle. The driving position is very comfortable and the engine just rumbles along on the highway. It is very comfortable vehicle to drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles