On EBay 1993 Mercedes Puch 230GE High Roof Camper 34k miles $27,5k

NOFOMO

@Curly42 We typically cruise around 65-70 miles per h and I have never calculated the mpg's (of any of my vehicles).
Doesn't feel particularly high even when pushing it, like on recent a run from NYC over the turnpike.

Last edited:

NOFOMO

Sharing a picture from off-road training in the spring where the instructor challenged me to scale the hill without using the diff locks.

It taught me how to better read the terrain without having to rely on additional help from your vehicle. I can highly recommend trying this.

Now imagine where you could take this GWagon next!
52A129A3-025A-456B-9C64-BD85210DD22C.png

UncleFunk

What an awesome little rig! Where was the off road training? Sounds like a great course for me. I relied way too much on lockers and my winch to get me out of places where some experience would have helped!

In Florida, so not sure I could do without AC, but I’m sure there is some sort of option. My mind is already racing thinking about this!

NOFOMO

@UncleFunk the training was at Rausch Creek Off-road Park North of Harrisburg, PA. Great Park, great instructor.

I agree, that an A/C is a much needed option most of the year in Central and Southern Florida. Given the number of older G Wagons, I am sure there are retrofit kits available.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Awesome on the offroad instruction! That is definitely key for any rig.
Curious; what did they have you set your tire pressures to in this instance?

For A/C, maybe the VintageAir brand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior