1993 Camel Trophy 200TDI

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
That's kind of poetic, in a way. This truck was built to be on the trail and now it's probably set to spend the rest of it's life exploring the trails in Colorado. I'm fairly sure that's what heaven is for Land Rovers. :)

DeweyH

Observer
so anyone besides me think it would be really cool to plan a trip and go wheeling with tohelluride ? i have to say for me it was the camel trophy series that got me here, i was all about building a rock crawler then stumbled upon the videos on youtube and that has led me down the expedition path .

EricTyrrell

Expo God
So you've stumbled upon and now own the only USA vehicle to ever win Camel Trophy, you lucky bastard.

Too bad so much damage was done by a road accident. It could have at least been trashed in a more respectable way.

Tohelluride

I like wheel'in around!
So you've stumbled upon and now own the only USA vehicle to ever win Camel Trophy, you lucky bastard.

Too bad so much damage was done by a road accident. It could have at least been trashed in a more respectable way.
observant more than lucky. ;) My life consist of moments like these and I Don't take them for granted.....to be honest, I sometimes almost want to see it in a museum. But At the same time, i have a chance to drive a one of a kind truck for what it was made to do.

Tell me about it! Going to have to start watching Craigslist more carefully. . .
. There is an art to it sometimes.....but sometimes, it's just a wild animal...unpredictable....

so anyone besides me think it would be really cool to plan a trip and go wheeling with tohelluride ? i have to say for me it was the camel trophy series that got me here, i was all about building a rock crawler then stumbled upon the videos on youtube and that has led me down the expedition path .
. I'm here year round, so feel free to hit me up(I'm a sucker for wheel'in, stories, and coffee! ). But for this summer/fall, it's already snowing on Imogene pass...really early this year.......but you can come shred the mountain during winter and we'll go look at it when it's in storage for winter..... or maybe i'll use it as a snowplow....Webb Arnold was.....still has the gear to put a plow up front.......lol.....

DeweyH

Observer
I'm here year round, so feel free to hit me up(I'm a sucker for wheel'in, stories, and coffee! ). But for this summer/fall, it's already snowing on Imogene pass...really early this year.......but you can come shred the mountain during winter and we'll go look at it when it's in storage for winter..... or maybe i'll use it as a snowplow....Webb Arnold was.....still has the gear to put a plow up front.......lol.....

i am trying to get the guys to make plans sometime between June and Sept

A.J.M

Explorer
I love this truck.
The fact it is a proper piece of LR history and the story of how it got to the US, what happened and how it drifted out of memory and was forgotten to be brought back.

Use it, but i wouldn't change too much. Make it water tight and make it drive well but leave the scar's and damage alone. As series owners will tell you, each dent and scar has a story behind it. Be aware of the history though, it is a rare car and while it's clearly no garage queen, don't ruin it with abuse.

It will always be worth more than you paid for it, you have a 4 wheeled investment that you can use and never lose a cent on.

11b4v

Adventurer
thanks for sharing

Having a passion for these trucks, I have enjoyed this story thread immensly.

I'll keep following along as this truck carries on.

thanks, mv

mike h

Adventurer
I drove that disco as part of the 36 hour Camel Trophy US Team Trials in 1998 at Grand Junction, CO. It was used as a training vehicle for many years in the care of Tom Collins. It rolled while being trailered to a NYC auto show maybe around 1995? It wasn't licensed but we didn't need plates for the Grand Junction training sessions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles