1993 Camel Trophy 200TDI

DeweyH

Observer
This is the USA winning camel trophy truck , it should have never been a piece of farm equipment ! If it was mine I would have damn sure kept track of it. I just wish I would have made it out to see a real piece of automotive history. Tohelluride at least was trying to fix it up ! I hope the new owner does reinstate to farm truck status

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

EXP-T100

Adventurer
Good luck on the sale man sorry you to see it go but i suppose you might be ready to get it gone after everything, what a cluster this has been.
on a side note they closed the thread on defendersource about this, they were just going after each other.

Josh

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Wow... Man I missed some stuff aye.

Sucks that a neat truck like this is surrounded such turmoil, one thing I AM certain of at this point is that this will be referenced in LR circles till the end of time esp. if it involves a sale of a CT vehicle... What was that Dusty Bottoms said about being "IN-famous"??? "It's when you're MORE then famous...He's not just Famous he's IN-famous!!!"

In reality I make no judgement because I believe that I don't know the truth and the only people truly do are the 4 key members of this "situation of events" and everyone has their perspective and opinion that colors their beliefs on what's "right" and what "wrong" and I don't know the cold scientific FACTS so I can't pass judgement comfortably in my mind. I feel like there are some "curious" aspects of the case and behaviors on both sides of the issue and I will... Any time you're selling (and Buying if you knew ahead of time) the "truck of a Brother of a Buddy" things are a bit more complicated in my mind, but then I don't know the facts again that's just kind of a tongue in cheek feeling I have. I just wish both parties could come away feeling satisfied but how you'd work that I can't even begin to fathom and really both parties will likely always feel the other is getting the better/loosing end of the deal for their possibly rightful reasons and no answer would ever be reached so... It's a hell of a story though.

Dave

Last edited:

Red90

Adventurer
Reserve not met at $45000? That is insane. I think that you should just take the money from whoever was crazy enough to offer more than that privately. People in the States are wacko.

Bigplum

Observer
I've read this a couple of times and still can't figure it out ,
surely if you sell something that's not yours , the new buyer cannot claim ownership ?
Doesn't make comfortable reading , and not everyone can afford a lawyers fees. ( been there done that and got shafted )

Viggen

Just here...
Reserve not met at $45000? That is insane. I think that you should just take the money from whoever was crazy enough to offer more than that privately. People in the States are wacko.

Its a CT Rover. They regularly sell for around $30k anywhere in the world. AS for $45k, I doubt that there were 100% legitimate bids 100% of the time. Still a mistake not to let it go. For all we know though, he might have done just that.

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
So after all this drama the damn thing is still available and did not sell for at least 45k? This CT story is completely and utterly strange to say the least. But I guess every CT story is...:Wow1:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Its a CT Rover. They regularly sell for around $30k anywhere in the world. AS for $45k, I doubt that there were 100% legitimate bids 100% of the time. Still a mistake not to let it go. For all we know though, he might have done just that.

the suspense is just killing me:coffee:
IMO this was one of the best flips I have seen in a long time...
rare vehicle found rotting in a field...cops and lawyers...owner to preserve for history...then
typical ebay priming...back story about the medical bills, school, etc...just no time to work on it...hate to see the old girl just sit
:rolleyes:
just saying...I remember seeing the original CL listing...this is one helluva f ing flip
all I can say is wow... if he sold it...

Viggen

Just here...
the suspense is just killing me:coffee:
IMO this was one of the best flips I have seen in a long time...
rare vehicle found rotting in a field...cops and lawyers...owner to preserve for history...then
typical ebay priming...back story about the medical bills, school, etc...just no time to work on it...hate to see the old girl just sit
:rolleyes:
just saying...I remember seeing the original CL listing...this is one helluva f ing flip
all I can say is wow... if he sold it...

I remember too. I tried like mad to get ahold of the guy selling it. I ended up being something like 20th in line in the short amount of time it was up. So happy I had no chance. He did buy for $1500 so it is/ would have been the flip of a lifetime.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Yes. One of the more epic flips of all time.

Good for him for spotting an opportunity and making it happen. I wish I could do the same.

Tohelluride

I like wheel'in around!
Update!

The photos were down due to Photobucket P-500 Bullsh*t, so I updated 95% of them once again. It took me a while, but I had to copy/paste a million times with some code editing.
Here are some of the resent finds from the internet. If I ever find any more pictures I will update them from time to time.

Thanks for visiting and checking out this piece of history.

38764028035_51aebbee18_z.jpg

39630388212_e45a27453d_z.jpg

25788986678_e42721f10f_z.jpg

39630395822_d940286b04_z.jpg

39630398442_c824effd9b_z.jpg

25788989918_11f95fd9b3_z.jpg

25788994588_6174ecf250_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles