1992 Toyota P/U 4x4 Extra Cab SR-5

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I have recently re-aquired my old truck. Had thoughts of letting my local Community College Auto Tech shop have at it to fix up as a training aid. Then in 12-18 months I have a really fresh mechanically second ride. The little rat that I sold it to (never finished paying) has just plain beaten the Holy Heck out of it.

Quick list of rat's "improvements":
Removed shell and left it in the weather. Punched windshield. Removed, by force, sun visor. Cut the exhaust tip off so truck bed is singed (small spot). Never washed it. Removed all decals, but left glue residue so dirt and grime affixed to paint. Front rims caked with brake dust. Rears ok, never rotated tires. Removed wheel arch trim pieces. Sideswiped a pole. Probably blew the head gasket. Etc. Etc.

I don't know if it is worth fixing it any more.

So are there any parts that some of you ExPo'ers could use. I mean besides the sun visor.

Still not sure which way I'm going with this but if there is some interest in parts then I may go that route.

I'm in Southern California. No pics or prices. Gaging interest right now, and price might just be really low. Like show me your a organ donor and the part is yours.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I could use so many parts, but unless it migrated to Colorado I'm afraid the stuff I need would be prohibitive. My bed is structurally failing at the seams, literally cracking. If yours has the little vent window type doors, I've always wanted to convert mine to them to make summers more tolerable.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Sorry for the the delayed response. I hope to have a chance tomorrow afternoon to take pictures of the truck in its current state. I'll capture all the negative points that I can because the positives are really only potentialities right now. Thanks for your patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles