1992 f150 daily driver and adventure rig.

greengreer

Adventurer
Got started on my el-cheapo rear bumper this week. The hitch is off a 4 runner in the junkyard. Not sure if I'm going a different route though, it hangs down a little more than I like.
Also the bottom corners will be cut and angled up and the ends capped in to give it a bit more of a finished look.
Once all that's finished I'm thinking about silver or cast iron gray paint.
So far about $175 and a couple hours. Not too bad...

Seabass

Idiot
Got started on my el-cheapo rear bumper this week. The hitch is off a 4 runner in the junkyard. Not sure if I'm going a different route though, it hangs down a little more than I like.
Also the bottom corners will be cut and angled up and the ends capped in to give it a bit more of a finished look.
Once all that's finished I'm thinking about silver or cast iron gray paint.
So far about $175 and a couple hours. Not too bad...

I LIKE IT!!!! Right up my alley! I had something very similar on an F250 once. Very practical and very clean. Nice work!

greengreer

Adventurer
Not really an update, but it's time for the truck to find a new home. I ended up buying a tacoma with a blown head gasket on the cheap. It was supposed to be a flip but it makes a little more sense as a daily driver, as much as i hate to admit it.
That being said the truck is for sale near Boone NC, basically as it is in this thread with currently 153,xxx miles on it and needing some new skins before winter. PM me for more details

Seabass

Idiot
Ain't Luke Combs from Boone, N.C? Also.....shame about the truck. But you just gotta do what makes the best sense for you.

greengreer

Adventurer
Ain't Luke Combs from Boone, N.C? Also.....shame about the truck. But you just gotta do what makes the best sense for you.
Country singer? I think he went to school at the University here.
Hate to sell it too but I'm gonna hold onto the f350 for everything I need an actual truck for that a 4banger taco doesn't do.

Asking $4k. Only thing it really needs right now is tires. The bfg's are on their last legs.

buellconvert

How does the air and heat work? I am east of Raleigh and have been looking for one of these. Did you ever end up regearing or is it all still stock? Thanks

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

greengreer

Adventurer
The truck had factory a/c. no compressor when I bought it so I stripped out the condensor and lines, but still have them. Gears are still 3.08 but I've got the 3.55 center chunk for the front and a new r&p, true trac, and bearings for the back sitting in a box.

VroomSIX

Awesome truck, shame you had to sell it. I run a single cab short bed OBS F150 myself with the 300-6 and love it but would like to get more than just 13mpg out of the ol’ girl...

greengreer

Adventurer
Thanks, they're really good trucks. It's funny I didn't mind the mileage after the going to the bigger tank. Just don't look at the $80 price tag to fill up.
I miss the torque of the big six and the granny gears in the 4spd, but 50% better mpgs and the on road driveability have me pretty pleased with the yota.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles