1992 Dodge W250 Cummins / VW Vanagon Abomination *MAY CAUSE BLINDNESS*

ITTOG

That looks crazy. I bet you measured more than twice before the cutting began.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Karmann Vandiego

That looks crazy. I bet you measured more than twice before the cutting began.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

The anticipation of this cut has kept me up at night. I measured, measured, and measured more. I have measurements written all around the body in Sharpie. My concern was not only in getting my cut precisely down the middle, but also in my ability to put the body back together as "true" as possible.

I was a nervous wreck the entire time :LOL:

Karmann Vandiego

I know you have been thinking "This guy either gave up, or the 'rona got him!".

It's neither!

Once the cutting was done, my bad knee started acting up, which left me walking with a cane for the past couple weeks. While healing up, I started planning the next steps.

It was obvious that in order to go any further, I needed a flat, level surface to work on. This weekend has been all about making that a reality.

FB_IMG_1597032174140.jpg

Now that I have a level place to work, I will have a better chance at getting the body square when I weld it all up ?

Tomorrow I will be moving the whole project into the new work area and begin mocking up the body...knee willing ?

nathane

I'm not often on YouTube, sad to hear the criticism. You've got a fan base here though enjoying everything you are up to. Keep it up.

BudgetEverything

After receiving some pretty harsh comments on youtube, I took a break from uploading videos.

Finally got my head back in the game, and uploaded the next video of Vanagon mutation. I hope you enjoy. More updates coming soon!

I immediately went hunting for those comments so I could crucify whoever said it. This project is super cool, very very rarely do I follow build threads religiously, but something this unique with the idea of adventure in mind is the kind of stuff I thrive off of. To hell with the naysayers!

Also I just really want to see what a vanagon looks like 10 inches wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the above statement! The front of that thing is going to be massive! Like an old flat face blue bird but way cooler! Something that’s just come to mind what exactly is your plan for front and rear glass on this fine piece of machinery?

Karmann Vandiego

Disregard the bad or disable the comments. Live your dream.

This is something I know, but have to remind myself. I have considered disabling the comments, and may do that depending on my future experiences...

I'm not often on YouTube, sad to hear the criticism. You've got a fan base here though enjoying everything you are up to. Keep it up.

I have really appreciated all of the support I have received from this group!

I immediately went hunting for those comments so I could crucify whoever said it. This project is super cool, very very rarely do I follow build threads religiously, but something this unique with the idea of adventure in mind is the kind of stuff I thrive off of. To hell with the naysayers!

Also I just really want to see what a vanagon looks like 10 inches wider.

I stewed about the comments for a few days, but then deleted them. I hate to be the guy to silence someone's opinion, but name calling and hate spewing are too much for me. I'm just a dad, trying to enjoy his kids childhood...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles